• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member in ontario

dbtbay

Good afternoon. Just joined MOA. Bought a 2011 K1600GTL in May. Had an 04 Harley Ultra Classic and was looking for a change. And what a change it is. What a pleasure to ride and what an awesome piece of technology and power. Tons of questions to ask about bike accessories but will start with one. Want to get audio into my helmet. What is the simplest and best. Not interested in my phone but would like music and gps.

Welcome to the forum!
Don't forget to check out the K1600 section........maybe help give it a kick :)

Gary

Welcome Aboard

Welcome to the forum and the club from a fellow K1600GTL rider.

I use a Sena 20S for bluetooth connection to my bike - all the bike audio functions are on one bluetooth connection so no need to pair your GPS (as long as you're using the BMW Nav system). Make one connection to the bikes bluetooth and all of your bikes audio will be transmitted to your helmet. I usually have to mute, then un-mute my GPS to get it to talk (only 1 time after each restart of GPS) - not sure why but many others have the same issue.

I've heard good things about the BMW bluetooth audio system which gives control of helmet volume through the wonder wheel, I've also heard good things about the Scala but I've never used either.

Hope that helps some

Thanks for being a member!!

Welcome to the forum and the club from a fellow K1600GTL rider.

I use a Sena 20S for bluetooth connection to my bike - all the bike audio functions are on one bluetooth connection so no need to pair your GPS (as long as you're using the BMW Nav system). Make one connection to the bikes bluetooth and all of your bikes audio will be transmitted to your helmet. I usually have to mute, then un-mute my GPS to get it to talk (only 1 time after each restart of GPS) - not sure why but many others have the same issue.

I've heard good things about the BMW bluetooth audio system which gives control of helmet volume through the wonder wheel, I've also heard good things about the Scala but I've never used either.

Hope that helps some

Thanks for being a member!!

Thanks Wes. I was thinking about the bmw Bluetooth but wondered what the majority was using? For me the simpler the better. I like the idea of control thru the wheel.

Thanks Wes. I was thinking about the bmw Bluetooth but wondered what the majority was using? For me the simpler the better. I like the idea of control thru the wheel.

Well, there is little control available through the wheel. Only the BMW Communicator is able to give you music volume control via the wheel.

Cardo makes the BMW communicator, and my G9 as well. The G9 lacks a few of the BMW features but fits my Shoei Neocon. The BMW one needs a Schuberth.

Give me a PM if you need more help. And check my messages re: using a USB stick for music.

Also see my blog.

And, welcome. Especially since you now have a real bike, LOL.

Welcome fellow Canadian!

How about showing us a picture of your new bike.

Thanks for being a member!

This whole forum thing is new to me. When I figure out how, I will. But it is a beautiful machine. Funny, I road a Harley for almost 8 years and loved it. After 1 day on the bmw I hated all those Harleys. ha ha.

Welcome to the forum and the BMWMOA from the Texas Gulf Coast region. I currently have a Harley Street Glide in addition to my K1600GT. Vastly different bikes. Enjoy the ride and keep the rubber side down.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back