• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New mods: SW Motech pegs, Rox Risers, and Seat Concepts seat

rtsteve

Installed a set of SW Motech pegs on my 2016 R1200GS today. Nice width, angle and a touch lower...maybe 1/2 inch or a little more with the rubber pads installed. I think about 3/4 inch if pads removed. Also a set of adjustable Rox Risers which combined with the pegs makes this bike fit me even better than before. I got the risers dialed in to what I think are just right.

I'm headed down to San Jacinto, CA tomorrow morning early, about a four hour ride to have my seat refoamed and recovered by Seat Concepts. I've heard some good things about their mods and for about $200 I don't think I can go wrong. I'm getting the low seat which is supposed to be about 3/4 inch lower than factory. They use the factory pan or you can have one of their custom pans installed.

After the seat install I'll be heading to Big Bear Lake for a couple nights stay and mountain exploring. It'll give me a chance to really review this seat. As it is, the factory seat is a little bit torturous for me after about 75 miles or so. I'm sure I'll be taking at least one break on the ride to Seat Concepts.

http://www.seatconcepts.com/store/products#!/BMW-2013-16-R1200GS-&-ADV-Water-Boxer-*LOW*/p/48324434/category=14368090

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Interested in how your comfort has improved, and how it all works together when you have your seat re-done, and if you think the lower pegs and higher bars were needed after all?
I'm trying to decide if I want to raise the bars and inch, or wait until I think I need a saddle, then adjust the pegs and bars accordingly.

TIA.

I've got the Seat Concepts kit with 10K+ miles on it. Much more comfortable than stock, especially for the passenger. I would say the Sargent seat on my oilhead RS was better, but also more expensive.

I've got the Seat Concepts kit with 10K+ miles on it. Much more comfortable than stock, especially for the passenger. I would say the Sargent seat on my oilhead RS was better, but also more expensive.

I went to Seat Concepts to pickup a seat. The one they made for me, a low, was way too soft. I weigh about 250 lbs and the foam just caved right in. So they produced one that was tall and convinced me I'd be more comfortable. It was better but way too tall. After I got home I contacted them and communicated my concerns about the height. I aasked them for a firm low seat that would be more comfortable. So I paid their restocking fee and 2-way shipping and they sent me another one which I received today. It feels just like the first one that was too soft. I haven't had a chance to ride on it yet but just sitting on it doesn't feel promising. They said it's a denser foam but I'm not convinced, maybe a little. I'll be doing a good hour long ride tonight and we'll see. So far I'm in for about $325 and not sure I'm going to be happy.

I went to Seat Concepts to pickup a seat. The one they made for me, a low, was way too soft. I weigh about 250 lbs and the foam just caved right in. So they produced one that was tall and convinced me I'd be more comfortable. It was better but way too tall. After I got home I contacted them and communicated my concerns about the height. I aasked them for a firm low seat that would be more comfortable. So I paid their restocking fee and 2-way shipping and they sent me another one which I received today. It feels just like the first one that was too soft. I haven't had a chance to ride on it yet but just sitting on it doesn't feel promising. They said it's a denser foam but I'm not convinced, maybe a little. I'll be doing a good hour long ride tonight and we'll see. So far I'm in for about $325 and not sure I'm going to be happy.

Good Luck Goldilocks!!!

So far I'm in for about $325 and not sure I'm going to be happy.

Don't be one of those guys that says "I should have just bought a Day Long......."

Seriously, they are that wonderful. In my humble opinion, of course.

Back