• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New GS owner residing in Franklin, TN

desmoderek

MotoDruid
Hi All,
I'm an English Ex-Pat and new citizen to our great country after 20 years of being an RA. To celebrate this milestone I just upgraded from a Tiger Explorer to a 2016 Triple Black GS. Had to keep the 2012 Red Carbon Diavel though; couldn't let that go!.
I've been riding on road since I was old enough to get my first moped in 1982 and for a few years before that on back roads and country lanes around North Devon.
I'd gone to ride a K1600 to see if I wanted to get out of the ADV trend and go back to Sport Touring, but the K1600 wasn't what I was looking for. They suggested I try a GS, and I have to admit I was genuinely impressed with bike, so much so that I traded my Explorer for it on the spot. I love the feel of the engine and the way it handles. I dare say I might catch some flak for this but my first impression riding the bike was that it gave me the grunt, handling and riding position of a previously owned 2014 Multistrada but with all the benefits of the Triumphs shaft drive. Now I know the GS was around way before all of those, but this was my first ride. I told an R1100RT owning friend that I should have ridden one of these years ago. it would have saved me thousands of dollars and a lot of searching for the right bike. I'm thrilled to have joined the Dark Side!:brow

Welcome to the forum! Franklin is a very nice little community...my daughter used to live there.

Congrats on your new ride in addition to getting settled in Franklin.

Now, have you gotten the GS dirty yet?

Welcome Aboard

Congrats on becoming a citizen and on your new bike purchase.

Nothing you can't do on GS as I'm sure you've figured out - they're great bikes!

Thanks for being a member!!

Congrats on the new bike. I took the same plunge from my K1600GT to a triple black GS this past winter and I'm loving it.

IMG_7089-M.jpg

If you haven't been off to the BMW Performance Center Off-road school, I highly recommend it and it's very nearby where you live!

Wes

Thanks for all the responses.
I'm really liking this bike, but I haven't had much opportunity to get it off road, or get to much else as a matter of fact.
I did buy some new used Vario cases off eBay, and a Givi back rack for my MonoKey case, and am finalizing planning for a quick visit to Deal's Gap to complete the 600 miles before the first service. Buying a new bike during Silly Season at work does hamper putting down some miles. :)

Back