• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Owners News gift coupon

Gruesome

The latest ON issue has a card for a gear discount with a new bike, and for a free item (neck tube?) for MOA members, both to be handed in at a BMW bike dealership. i stopped by yesterday evening at Countryside BMW (in the Chicago burbs). None of the guys there had even heard of this promotion, and couldn't process the coupon. The manager was not in. They are going to check, and (hopefully) notify me once they figure it out.

According to http://www.bmwmoa.org/news/301730/New-BMW-Motorcycle-Discount-for-MOA-Members.htm the item is a neck tube, and BMW is going to mail it; is that how it works? Is this thing worth a second trip to the dealer? Can one just mail it in? I'm not sure i really need a second trip to the dealer...

Not sure what's up with Countryside BMW...Gateway BMW in St. Louis knows all about the BMW Motorcycles and BMW MOA joint promotion that is exclusively for BMW MOA members.

List of participating dealers?

Maybe Ted (who posted the news article) could get a list of participating dealers from BMW, and post it? Otherwise this whole action is neither good advertising for the dealer nor the MOA nor BMW...

Got the hog looking at a wristwatch stare from the GM of Big Sky Motorsports in Missoula when I asked about the free item. He also had never heard of the mileage recognition program and what he should do to verify Annie's 100,000 miles.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I've seen dealer techs that "never saw" service bulletins and dealerships that claimed to know nothing about a recall when folks showed up with their recall letters.

According to http://www.bmwmoa.org/news/301730/New-BMW-Motorcycle-Discount-for-MOA-Members.htm the item is a neck tube, and BMW is going to mail it; is that how it works? Is this thing worth a second trip to the dealer? Can one just mail it in? I'm not sure i really need a second trip to the dealer...

Not sure I'll have a chance to get to the shop before we leave for a trip on the 19th, so I may email or call them and ask if I can mail the coupon to them.
If I had the time, I'm not sure I would ride to the shop for a neck tube. A neck tube cost $19 and gas costs approx. $23 for a trip to Kansas City or Iowa City. There's a multi brand shop 6o miles from us but the one time I mentioned the MOA they had not heard of it.
BTW, Debbie and I both have a BMW silk neck tube and it works great to seal up a jacket neck opening.

Gruemsome if you live within an hour of the shop I would make another trip in after you confirm the shop will give your a neck tube or send in the card.
Depending on the day, 10 miles could take an hour in the Chicago area :)
The card in the ON makes it sound like you can get the neck tube at the shop but your link shows BMW will mail you the neck tube.

All Dealers are Participating

BMW sent a marketing bulletin to all dealerships around the end of June explaining the promotion, how to process the coupons and the fulfillment procedure. The bulletin indicates that all dealers are required to participate.

The dealership should take your coupon, peek at your current membership card and at the end of the month, they will send all the coupons to BMW who will then ship the neck tube to you. Whether or not the dealer would allow you to mail the cards for fulfillment is up to them. I doubt the dealer minds doing it, but BMW is certainly hoping to drive traffic to their retail outlets.

If a dealer claims they know nothing, they should check their sales and marketing bulletins or ask their area sale reps. It is an established and documented offer.

Ted

BMW sent a marketing bulletin to all dealerships around the end of June explaining the promotion, how to process the coupons and the fulfillment procedure. The bulletin indicates that all dealers are required to participate.

The dealership should take your coupon, peek at your current membership card and at the end of the month, they will send all the coupons to BMW who will then ship the neck tube to you. Whether or not the dealer would allow you to mail the cards for fulfillment is up to them. I doubt the dealer minds doing it, but BMW is certainly hoping to drive traffic to their retail outlets.

If a dealer claims they know nothing, they should check their sales and marketing bulletins or ask their area sale reps. It is an established and documented offer.

Ted

Perhaps all dealers should be participating, but at this point in time not all dealers are doing so. Not your fault, not the MOA's fault, but a fact none the less.

Perhaps all dealers should be participating, but at this point in time not all dealers are doing so. Not your fault, not the MOA's fault, but a fact none the less.

If dealers fail to even read the stuff from Motorrad USA, maybe we ought to go to better dealers, Mine (Engles in Kansas City) is 1,100 miles away instead of closer dealers (San Antonio and Austin).

If dealers fail to even read the stuff from Motorrad USA, maybe we ought to go to better dealers, Mine (Engles in Kansas City) is 1,100 miles away instead of closer dealers (San Antonio and Austin).

Several local stores sell bandana's for less than $5. That seems to be a lot less hassle.....

Ted

Does that include Canada, Ted, or is a US promotion?

Does that include Canada, Ted, or is a US promotion?

Yes I need to know as well. Going for a ride on the 20th to visit my "local" dealer (2 1/2 hours away) and present my coupon.
This dealer has failed to impress before. Any bets as to the reception?

It is a US promotion. You would have to present your cards to a US based dealer.

It is a US promotion. You would have to present your cards to a US based dealer.

Once again Canada is not included. For an international club supporting an international brand this is disappointing.

I fired off this beauty to BMW Motorrad Canada this morning. Let's see if and how they respond.

"Good morning, I would like to bring to your attention a situation that has developed that puts BMW Motorrad Canada in a less than supportive position for the Canadian members of the BMWMOA (BMW Motorcycle Owners of America).

The BMWMOA is the premiere club for owners of the marque with over 30,000 members throughout the world, and the BMW group is celebrating it’s 100th anniversary this August.

The MOA is currently running 2 promotions in the August edition of the Owners News magazine to help celebrate BMW’s anniversary- http://www.bmwmoa.org/page/100th

These promotions are being well received but are not available to residents of Canada.

The promotional video for the 100th anniversary has this message-

“It’s time”

“It’s time for a broader perspective”

“It’s time to forge new paths”

“From today to tomorrow”

“Together we’re creating history, the history of tomorrow”

I also agree it’s time.

It’s time for BMW Motorrad Canada to work closer with BMW Motorrad US and the BMWMOA to support their Canadian members.

It’s time to treat Canadian and US promotions as one entity.

It’s time for BMW Motorrad Canada to take a leadership role in making this happen.

I urge you to reach out to BMWMOA to see how BMW Motorrad Canada can start taking the relationship from it’s current position of exclusionary to Canadian members to one that includes owners regardless of geographic location. That would be a history of tomorrow I would be proud of.

I look forward to receiving your response.'

I agree completely, however, I would add that this is an area that BMWMOA needs to take a leadership role. It is my understanding that this is a joint promotion by BMW Motorrad USA and BMWMOA. That being the case, I trust that BMWMOA did, in fact, make an effort to get BMW Motorrad Canada to join in on this promotion and were unsuccessful, however, we have no way of knowing that this point.

If BMWMOA is truly the BMW Club Motorcycle Owners of America and not simply BMW Club Motorcycle Owners of The United States of America, there is a huge difference, than it would be much more reassuring to feel included rather than excluded.

As for geography, America consists of:

North America - Canada, The United States of America, and Mexico (United Mexican States)
Caribbean
Central America
South America
etc.

If BMWMOA members in Canada are going to be charged the same membership fees shouldn't they have the same representation and consideration? I certainly think so, and trust that MOA tried to accomplish this but was unsuccessful in doing so.

Back