• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Owners News gift coupon

Post a pic

Would any of you lucky few who have received the necktube mid to post up a photo of it?

I'd like to see what it looks like, since I'll probably get mine sometime in 2019.

DC

Would any of you lucky few who have received the necktube mid to post up a photo of it?

I'd like to see what it looks like, since I'll probably get mine sometime in 2019.

DC

Post number 27 has a picture and there's also a blue GS version.

Post 139 has the latest versions but I don't think anyone has received those.

It arrived!

The latest ON issue has a card for a gear discount with a new bike, and for a free item (neck tube?) for MOA members, both to be handed in at a BMW bike dealership. i stopped by yesterday evening at Countryside BMW (in the Chicago burbs). None of the guys there had even heard of this promotion, and couldn't process the coupon. The manager was not in. They are going to check, and (hopefully) notify me once they figure it out.

According to http://www.bmwmoa.org/news/301730/New-BMW-Motorcycle-Discount-for-MOA-Members.htm the item is a neck tube, and BMW is going to mail it; is that how it works? Is this thing worth a second trip to the dealer? Can one just mail it in? I'm not sure i really need a second trip to the dealer...

And four months later it is finally here! Woo-hoo! I think this will be my new summer neck tube, and the sturdier one I already own will be relegated to spring/fall/evening service.

The neck tube I received looks neither like the one in post 27 nor like the ones in 139, but instead more like this:
GS_EasyTube.jpg

Well it's always good to be entertained. When you say "he MOA clearly has nothing to do with what promotions and adverts BMW Motorrad USA want to do. The fact that the MOA got them to give out anything for free to it's members is already a good deal." More accurate would be to say that the MOA got them to give something to their _USA_ members no? :bolt

The issue here as I see it is not one of being cheap and whining for free stuff all the time; it is all about inclusion or the lack of it. The MOA is an international club and Canada is part of that family of bike owners. I would even guess that next to US members we are probably the next largest group internationally. I don't think Canadian MOA members necessarily feel included in all that means or should mean. And some of the posts here point that out and I see nothing whiny or cheap about that. It's the reality of the situation.

- Whether anyone from the MOA contacted Motorrad Canada to ask them to participate on behalf of CDN members is a fair question.
- I would like to know what the answer was if the question was asked.

For the record I could give a toss about another cheap mass produced synthetic piece of advertising around my neck. Again, not the point at all! I've been saying for a very long time that 3 separate groups for Canada, Mexico and USA from a parts logistics point of view alone makes no sense and causes the very problem we are discussing here today. Please, no lectures about global economics OK? These are just more silos selling and servicing the same dang thing; simple as that.

Couldn't agree more. Pay more get less if you're Canadian. MOA hasn't done ANYTHING for Canadian members as far as I can see.

Couldn't agree more. Pay more get less if you're Canadian. MOA hasn't done ANYTHING for Canadian members as far as I can see.

As a Canadian member myself, if I was starting over I would join for 1 or 2 years as you mentioned the MOA has not done anything for Canadian members. I am also happy that I have a lifetime membership (since 1987) and no more dollars leave my wallet. Shortly after 1987 the MOA started to charge Canadians more for membership due to postal rates.

As for the source of these neck tube that is BMW North America they are the ones giving them away not BMW Canada. BMW Canada are the problem we as riders pay out and get poor service and no thanks. If you have an issue at the dealer and call BMW Canada they tell you to call the dealer (it is a circle)

gift

As of today I have not received mine. Did the coupon routine with BMW of Cleveland. Not expecting to see it ever at this point.
Don't care much, except that BMW made a splash about it.

I am still waiting on mine though at this point don't expect to ever see it. Dropped my card off at Van Wall Powersports in Iowa.

never ending story

Still waiting here in Arizona. I turned my card into Ridenow Chandler. Like other I will be surprised if this ever shows up. I know it's a little thing, but when you don't come through with what you advertised it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

I am still waiting on mine though at this point don't expect to ever see it. Dropped my card off at Van Wall Powersports in Iowa.

This fall when out on a ride I stopped at Van Wall and asked if they were taking cards for the Neck Tube. They had heard of the free gift but had not found the info from BMW on how to handle it.
I explained how it worked but I did not know the department or address where they needed to send the cards.
There's a good chance Van Wall never sent in the cards.
Since they did not know how to handle the Neck Tube gift they gave me a free T-shirt.

They tried to give me a tshirt. I told them that wasn't the way the system was supposed to work. He asked the guy behind the parts counter and he apparently knew, said he would add it to the others they had collected and get them shipped off...

I know this is a minor deal, and it doesn't change my life at all. This is likely a case of good intentions going wrong. I am just a little annoyed that I didn't get the gift as promised. Not sure if I blame Van Walls or BMW... goodwill lost.

See if this helps............Posted today-

BMW FREE GIFT UPDATE (neck buff): If you have not received your BMW free gift (neck buff) please email me directly with the following:

• Name
• Mailing address
• Email address
• BMW dealer you handed in your card and approximate date

I am working on this for you... Thank you for your patience.

Ken Engelman
ken@bmwmoa.org
201-638-7141

OM

Horrible promotion

Well I just sent in my info in hopes of receiving my neck tube. I know it's not a big deal but when you offer something like this and mess it up this bad you do more harm than good. We will see what happens. I assume this will be a punch line to a joke at every MOA event this year.

I emailed Ken with the info he requested and told him I had received a Tshirt from the dealer and was happy with that.
I mainly sent the info in case they were trying to see how many dealers had problems figuring out the gift program.
Last week I received a package from BMW with decals, RnineT decals, patches and a notebook.

Well I just sent in my info in hopes of receiving my neck tube. I know it's not a big deal but when you offer something like this and mess it up this bad you do more harm than good. We will see what happens. I assume this will be a punch line to a joke at every MOA event this year.

You may be a bit late to the party. This thread was started last august.
OM

FedEx delivered a nice BMW neck tube today. No note or other explanation but I assume it's related to last year's promotion. So thank you dealer and MOA!

I think that last year they sent me a book as a substitute for the tube, also very nice.

I got a free neck tube when purchasing in 2016 (in Guadalajara, Mexico).

Edit: This was a gift from the dealer. Nothing to do with MOA.

Attachments

• IMG_0995.jpg
    IMG_0995.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 71
FedEx delivered a nice BMW neck tube today. No note or other explanation but I assume it's related to last year's promotion. So thank you dealer and MOA!

I think that last year they sent me a book as a substitute for the tube, also very nice.

FedEx just delivered a neck tube to me a few minutes ago :)

Back