Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MOA Owners News gift coupon

MOA Owners News gift coupon

The latest ON issue has a card for a gear discount with a new bike, and for a free item (neck tube?) for MOA members, both to be handed in at a BMW bike dealership. i stopped by yesterday evening at Countryside BMW (in the Chicago burbs). None of the guys there had even heard of this promotion, and couldn't process the coupon. The manager was not in. They are going to check, and (hopefully) notify me once they figure it out.

According to http://www.bmwmoa.org/news/301730/Ne...OA-Members.htm the item is a neck tube, and BMW is going to mail it; is that how it works? Is this thing worth a second trip to the dealer? Can one just mail it in? I'm not sure i really need a second trip to the dealer...

Not sure what's up with Countryside BMW...Gateway BMW in St. Louis knows all about the BMW Motorcycles and BMW MOA joint promotion that is exclusively for BMW MOA members.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw)

List of participating dealers?

Maybe Ted (who posted the news article) could get a list of participating dealers from BMW, and post it? Otherwise this whole action is neither good advertising for the dealer nor the MOA nor BMW...

Got the hog looking at a wristwatch stare from the GM of Big Sky Motorsports in Missoula when I asked about the free item. He also had never heard of the mileage recognition program and what he should do to verify Annie's 100,000 miles.

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

I've seen dealer techs that "never saw" service bulletins and dealerships that claimed to know nothing about a recall when folks showed up with their recall letters.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by Gruesome View Post
    According to http://www.bmwmoa.org/news/301730/Ne...OA-Members.htm the item is a neck tube, and BMW is going to mail it; is that how it works? Is this thing worth a second trip to the dealer? Can one just mail it in? I'm not sure i really need a second trip to the dealer...
    Not sure I'll have a chance to get to the shop before we leave for a trip on the 19th, so I may email or call them and ask if I can mail the coupon to them.
    If I had the time, I'm not sure I would ride to the shop for a neck tube. A neck tube cost $19 and gas costs approx. $23 for a trip to Kansas City or Iowa City. There's a multi brand shop 6o miles from us but the one time I mentioned the MOA they had not heard of it.
    BTW, Debbie and I both have a BMW silk neck tube and it works great to seal up a jacket neck opening.

Gruemsome if you live within an hour of the shop I would make another trip in after you confirm the shop will give your a neck tube or send in the card.
    Depending on the day, 10 miles could take an hour in the Chicago area
    The card in the ON makes it sound like you can get the neck tube at the shop but your link shows BMW will mail you the neck tube.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

All Dealers are Participating

BMW sent a marketing bulletin to all dealerships around the end of June explaining the promotion, how to process the coupons and the fulfillment procedure. The bulletin indicates that all dealers are required to participate.

The dealership should take your coupon, peek at your current membership card and at the end of the month, they will send all the coupons to BMW who will then ship the neck tube to you. Whether or not the dealer would allow you to mail the cards for fulfillment is up to them. I doubt the dealer minds doing it, but BMW is certainly hoping to drive traffic to their retail outlets.

If a dealer claims they know nothing, they should check their sales and marketing bulletins or ask their area sale reps. It is an established and documented offer.

Ted
    Ted Moyer
    '12 DL650, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350, '94 KLX650, '80 GS850G

Thanks Ted.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by t2moyer View Post
    BMW sent a marketing bulletin to all dealerships around the end of June explaining the promotion, how to process the coupons and the fulfillment procedure. The bulletin indicates that all dealers are required to participate.

The dealership should take your coupon, peek at your current membership card and at the end of the month, they will send all the coupons to BMW who will then ship the neck tube to you. Whether or not the dealer would allow you to mail the cards for fulfillment is up to them. I doubt the dealer minds doing it, but BMW is certainly hoping to drive traffic to their retail outlets.

If a dealer claims they know nothing, they should check their sales and marketing bulletins or ask their area sale reps. It is an established and documented offer.

Ted
    Perhaps all dealers should be participating, but at this point in time not all dealers are doing so. Not your fault, not the MOA's fault, but a fact none the less.
    Kevin Huddy
    Tm Pterodactyl MT Outpost

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Perhaps all dealers should be participating, but at this point in time not all dealers are doing so. Not your fault, not the MOA's fault, but a fact none the less.
    If dealers fail to even read the stuff from Motorrad USA, maybe we ought to go to better dealers, Mine (Engles in Kansas City) is 1,100 miles away instead of closer dealers (San Antonio and Austin).
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    If dealers fail to even read the stuff from Motorrad USA, maybe we ought to go to better dealers, Mine (Engles in Kansas City) is 1,100 miles away instead of closer dealers (San Antonio and Austin).
    Several local stores sell bandana's for less than $5. That seems to be a lot less hassle.....
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by t2moyer View Post

Ted
    Does that include Canada, Ted, or is a US promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    Not sure what's up with Countryside BMW...Gateway BMW in St. Louis knows all about the BMW Motorcycles and BMW MOA joint promotion that is exclusively for BMW MOA members.
    Is Mike Abt still at Countryside?
    MOA #46783

Quote Originally Posted by clowry View Post
    Does that include Canada, Ted, or is a US promotion?
    Yes I need to know as well. Going for a ride on the 20th to visit my "local" dealer (2 1/2 hours away) and present my coupon.
    This dealer has failed to impress before. Any bets as to the reception?
    No pithy comments available at this time.
    Please check back later.

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squiffynimrod View Post
    Yes I need to know as well. Going for a ride on the 20th to visit my "local" dealer (2 1/2 hours away) and present my coupon.
    This dealer has failed to impress before. Any bets as to the reception?
    +1
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo