• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1978 R100RS mount for rear brake reservoir

vhaalen@me.com

installing brake lines, and can't seem to find how to mount the rear disc brake reservoir to the frame. Can someone direct me to some pictures or a solution to this issue?

Welcome to the forum, Van Halen ( ;) )! This might help a little bit...shows the parts for the rear disk master cylinder and reservoir:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=0395-USA-08-1978-2474-BMW-R_100_RS&diagId=34_0615

You might also try doing an image search with google using a search term such as "bmw r100 rear brake master cylinder" and see if there are some images that might help.

I have drum brakes, but hopefully someone will come along and can take some pictures of their bike for you.

The RS rear disc master cylinder reservoir is held in by a circular band tightened with a screw much like a hose clamp. That clamp is fastened to the upper right rear corner of the battery box. Part number 19 in this drawing on the MAXBMW parts fiche.
http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/DiagramsMid/B0002716.png?v=07012015

That 90 degree bend tab at the left front mounts to the upper right rear outside of the battery box.

Ooops. Kurt beat me to it while I was farting around trying to find the drawing he already posted it! :wow

Thank You

I had reference to the same picture, but couldn't find where to mount the ring because I have not yet installed the battery box! Next step; thanks for the help.

I had reference to the same picture, but couldn't find where to mount the ring because I have not yet installed the battery box! Next step; thanks for the help.

Pro Noblem. If I saw that clamp stand alone and looked at the frame of the bike it would be a head scratcher for sure.

Back