• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'95 K75S Shock options

KARSTEN

My bike is down, waiting for parts for the rear suspension. Parts needed to properly install the proper shock. I just bought the bike and while doing a spline lube discovered a few issues with the way the PO had "modified" a few things back there.Someone pointed out that the shock that came with my bike, Progressive #1155, I think, was made for Kawasaki and it is a short shock. So, while waiting for parts, I am looking for a new, proper 14" shock. I know Progressive is popular, because of price? I have no track days in mind, mostly in town and some twisties, am a big guy, 250 lbs. What is a good, every day shock?

My bike is down, waiting for parts for the rear suspension. Parts needed to properly install the proper shock. I just bought the bike and while doing a spline lube discovered a few issues with the way the PO had "modified" a few things back there.Someone pointed out that the shock that came with my bike, Progressive #1155, I think, was made for Kawasaki and it is a short shock. So, while waiting for parts, I am looking for a new, proper 14" shock. I know Progressive is popular, because of price? I have no track days in mind, mostly in town and some twisties, am a big guy, 250 lbs. What is a good, every day shock?

KARSTEN,

Progressive was popular for me because of price. We are about the same height & weight. With the amount of riding you indicated, I wouldn’t spend a whole lot of money. I’ve seen shocks on K75s that exceed the bikes capability. The 412 is right for the bike. The 412 Heavy Duty is new to me so I can’t speak to that. I’m due for one soon so I’ll be going down that road in the near future. Mike

Ok, have done some research and think that a Wilbers would be overkill for this bike the way I will use it, not a lot of info on the YSS shocks, progressive 412 very popular (pricing) and there is a 412 heavy duty mentioned by Mike, have not been able to get info on that. The folks that have the 412 in stock do not have the heavy duty version listed, even on the Progressive site. there is not a big price difference between the Progressive 412 and the YSS Z-series. would it be worth to go to the YSS ? Not familiar with that brand.

90 K75S Rear Shock: Wasn't happy until . . .

Bought a K75S last year with 50K miles. It came with a Black Progressive Rear Shock without a reservoir. In trying to make the bike please me I've done some things, 5 weight oil in the front (progressive spung) forks to lessen the jarring I was getting, Ahh better.

The rear was jarring me too. My comparison is an old high mileage K100RS with Progressive Rear Shock with remote reservoir. Compression and rebound is set to all the way "loose" spring preload is near the middle.

Since I weigh 220 lbs I started with the simple 75S shock on the middle spring height. Took my adult son for a 75S ride so I set it to max. spring height, maybe I should say max spring tension, least height. When done that ride, I thought, "while I have the tool out set it to least spring tension and see what happens," AHHHH. I like that the jarring is gone from the front and the rear now. It may never bottom out because its mostly without bags and passengers, just a cooler bike for the summer.

Other things I put on that I like are a wide rear rim, Michelin Pilot Road 3s front and rear, with modified ctr. stand. ST. ST. front brake lines, OEM brake pads, PIAA Super White, 60 watt Orange Oval H4 headlight, an outdoor temp readout, a keyfob push button flash light and the OEM ft. brake lever for large hands.

Back