• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Something Different - BMW HP2 Enduro

jek_ict

Saw this last night. BMW HP2 Enduro
20160722_182114.jpg

Interesting bike, but it was too hot to stand around waiting for the owner to come back so I could ask him about it. I can't imagine it would be comfortable on long trips, but it had California plates. Maybe it was on trailer to Wichita?

This is Dave Anderson's (Anderwerks BMW) HP-E supermotard conversion:

P1010317-XL.jpg

This thing is a blast to ride, one of the best corner strafers I've ever ridden, and attracts a crowd everywhere you go. But you are right, for touring, it really beats you up. The vibration from the uncounterbalanced engine travels into the handlebars through the hard front end, and puts your hands to sleep. The vibration through the hard footrests puts your feet to sleep. By "hard front end" I mean it doesn't have telelever, with its bits of insulating rubber in it.

But a couple of trips on this bike caused me to decide to get another boxer: a civilized one. :D

Another really interesting bike to have would be the HP-2 Sport, which is counterbalanced. You'd want to trailer this one too.

Last edited:
H thought this was a wee too tall for her:D

Helen and the HP.jpg

Seen in Luckenbach about a year after they came out

This is Dave Anderson's (Anderwerks BMW) HP-E supermotard conversion:

P1010317-XL.jpg

This thing is a blast to ride, one of the best corner strafers I've ever ridden, and attracts a crowd everywhere you go. But you are right, for touring, it really beats you up. The vibration from the uncounterbalanced engine travels into the handlebars through the hard front end, and puts your hands to sleep. The vibration through the hard footrests puts your feet to sleep. By "hard front end" I mean it doesn't have telelever, with its bits of insulating rubber in it.

But a couple of trips on this bike caused me to decide to get another boxer: a civilized one. :D

Another really interesting bike to have would be the HP-2 Sport, which is counterbalanced. You'd want to trailer this one too.

Dave has reverted his HP-2 back to basics again. He traded off the big tank, bags and such.

Back