• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Southwest CT F700GS

tc4racer

Very new rider here, first real bike. A new F700GS. Wilton, CT is the home town. Just getting used to it, riding around the quiet back roads so far. Taking my safety course in August. Love to find some people to ride with around here when I am fully licensed and have a bit more road time! Paul

Welcome to the forum Paul!
It would be nice to hear about your class once your done.
Good luck with the new bike.
Gary

Hi Paul,

I'm also new to riding and have an F700gs. Originally from the Northeast but now in GA. Good luck with your course; give a shout when you start toodling around the country and find yourself in the GA mountains. :)

Elaine

Thanks for all the welcomes!! Looking forward to meeting fellow riders soon and getting more seat time!

Paul

Very new rider here, first real bike. A new F700GS. Wilton, CT is the home town. Just getting used to it, riding around the quiet back roads so far. Taking my safety course in August. Love to find some people to ride with around here when I am fully licensed and have a bit more road time! Paul
Welcome, and you may want to check out the www.yankeebeemers.com this is a great bunch that has a lot of fun.

Welcome Aboard

Welcome to the club and the forum!!

The BMW MOA Foundation will pay for additional training - go here for more information https://www.bmwmoa.org/page/paulb

Good luck, take your time and enjoy exploring the world on two wheels

Thanks for being a member!!

Welcome to the forum Paul!
It would be nice to hear about your class once your done.
Good luck with the new bike.
Gary

I know this is an old post I am replying to, but here goes. The class was OK, since I had been riding the F700GS for a while, some of the drills were pretty boring. Like how to walk your bike and use the friction zone to move around. But all in all, the drills were good, and gave me ideas to practice on my own (u turns within 24 feet, etc).

There was a LOT of waiting around while other riders were coached, and it was a blistering hot day, so it was pretty tough wearing all the gear in the bright sun. The evening part of the class was book learning, and if you have read some stuff on your own, it was pretty repetitive. But they have to teach to the least common denominator.

But I met a few folks, and we had fun and did learn a few things!

Back