• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Demo ride Photos?

jpdicarlo

I was lucky (persistent?) enough to score a demo ride this year. They had a photographer shooting us at various points in the ride, with the photos posted to a page on the site.
I've checked it out and I'm not on there. I know I'm not very photogenic, but I thought the full-face helmet would keep them from editing me out. Actually, it seems to me there aren't enough photos posted to cover all the rides over the three days. Still a work in progress?
Anyone else have trouble finding their photos?

I was lucky (persistent?) enough to score a demo ride this year. They had a photographer shooting us at various points in the ride, with the photos posted to a page on the site.
I've checked it out and I'm not on there. I know I'm not very photogenic, but I thought the full-face helmet would keep them from editing me out. Actually, it seems to me there aren't enough photos posted to cover all the rides over the three days. Still a work in progress?
Anyone else have trouble finding their photos?

What site? Where?

Found mine from Thursday's 2:30 ride. Very flattering...

27713039804_f65acfa976_o-M.jpg

I wanted to do some demo rides but they had this silly ass process that they could only sign you up for a demo on the day of the demo. I wanted to sign up Friday afternoon for some times on Saturday and then plan the day around those. But no, you had to show up Saturday morning to do that and by early morning there were over 50 people in line. No one was there Friday afternoon. I'm impatient with stupid rules made up for no reason, so I passed.

I wanted to do some demo rides but they had this silly ass process that they could only sign you up for a demo on the day of the demo. I wanted to sign up Friday afternoon for some times on Saturday and then plan the day around those. But no, you had to show up Saturday morning to do that and by early morning there were over 50 people in line. No one was there Friday afternoon. I'm impatient with stupid rules made up for no reason, so I passed.

Those have been the rules for every national rally/demo that I've ever attended. Were it not for those "no reason" rules, every ride time would be booked up by the folks who get to the rally on Wednesday or Thursday. Later arrivals would never get to demo.

BMW spends a lot of money with the demo truck. I would like to give them a BIG THANK YOU!!

They give a pretty good demo ride, much longer than for example Harley Davidson gives. However, I will say that HD really knows how to organize demo rides. The demand is high, so if you want to ride you have to get up early. Bring a chair and all your gear, you might just get a morning slot. If that is too much trouble then your dealer may have demo rides.

Rod

Dave

These were an MOA endeavor that Ken Engelman worked on with BMW. Staff is editing and loading the photos as fast as they can so apologies but it will be completed soon.

Were the photos a BMW Sales effort, or a MOA volunteer effort? Odd that the photos are still not posted yet. :scratch

Dave, These were an MOA endeavor that Ken Engelman worked on with BMW. Staff is editing and loading the photos as fast as they can so apologies but it will be completed soon.

Thanks much, and thanks to everyone for their hard work.:thumb

I wanted to do some demo rides but they had this silly ass process that they could only sign you up for a demo on the day of the demo.
As said earlier, this has been the process for years. I have always met some really great people while waiting in line and there is a lot of sharing of information about the rally along with talking about "Which bike are you picking to demo and why?"

As said earlier, this has been the process for years. I have always met some really great people while waiting in line and there is a lot of sharing of information about the rally along with talking about "Which bike are you picking to demo and why?"

As a first time attendee, I did not have the benefit of years of experience with the process. I just called out what I encountered and perhaps it does work for this situation. Just did not work for the impatient me. Plus I figured that if I really want to demo a bike, I can take just about anything out from my local dealer that is only 5 min from my home, and no lines. :)

As a first time attendee, I did not have the benefit of years of experience with the process. I just called out what I encountered and perhaps it does work for this situation.
Sorry, understand your frustration with the process. My reaction was probably similar the first time I wanted to try the demo rides (What ???!!!, I have to get up at 5 AM to go wait in line just to sign up, and then have to come back later for my demo ride :mad )

My last BMW rally demo ride was at the St. Paul, Mn. rally in 2014. The demos in 2014 were almost 2 hours long to allow riders to get out to some country roads. I demoed the F800 GSA and the R1200 GSA. There was enough variation in different road types and a long enough ride that the demo allowed me to make my choice of future bike.

Not sure how long your dealer allows you to take out a new bike, but probably a more convenient process.

The people running the BMW demo rides, in my experience, did a great job keeping everyone safe, together, and on time.

hi all - just saw this (late to the party)

hi - If you didn't see your photo from the BMW MOA Rally/BMW Demo Ride, please contact me directly as I am not on this forum often. Ken Engelman - ken@bmwmoa.org or 201-638-7141 cell. Thanks!

Back