• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Klim Induction summer glove video review

moshe_levy

Hello All-

I Hope everyone is back safe and sound after the excellent Das Rally!

I just posted this concise review of Klim's Induction gloves. Did Klim strike the perfect balance of protection and air flow in a summer glove? Tune in!

-MKL

Nice. How are they holding up? Mine held up very well over 2 seasons.

-MKL

She has owned them less than one season, but so far they look good. No fading.
I plan to purchase the short version for my hot weather glove.

2013-Klim-Induction-Short-Gloves-MCSS.jpg

Yes. If they hold up like mine, there will be no complaints from her. They're very well made, just a tad expensive IMO.

-MKL

Summer weight Touring glove recommendation 2018

My old ones are shot and I need something with gauntlets for sun protection, any tips appreciated.

A couple years latter and they still look good.
I purchased the short version, but they fit smaller than my Klim Element gloves, so now Debbie has both the long and short versions.

My old ones are shot and I need something with gauntlets for sun protection, any tips appreciated.

I use gloves without gauntlets in order to scoop air up my sleeves on hot days. I just have to remember to spray my wrists with sunscreen, which I always carry on the bike.

Just bought a pair of Lee Parks simply because I could get them in XXS...fingers still a bit too long :banghead. I haven't ridden wearing them yet, but they are soft & comfy. Too long fingers in the gloves sure make it hard to pick your nose :laugh. I just wore out a pair of the BMW Airflow gloves and they were just plain too big all around,and they were as small as BMW makes! Very frustrating to be a freak :).

Gloves

I use gloves without gauntlets in order to scoop air up my sleeves on hot days. I just have to remember to spray my wrists with sunscreen, which I always carry on the bike.

good point on the airflow, but my wrists take a beating, will have to try the spray sunscreen.

That's why I tried short gloves for hot weather. With my short Klim gloves I can get more air up my sleeves than I get though chest or under arm vents.
My sleeves are long enough to not expose my wrists to sun except for my leather jacket I stopped using the last couple years.
The Klim gloves work because of the slim fitting wrist closure. Short gloves like the BMW Airflow with a wide cuff look like they may block the jacket sleeve opening.

I bought a pair a year ago in white (why wear black gloves in the heat?).

I've got a half dozen pairs of gloves, and the Induction is the perfect summer glove. Only ones I wear when it's warm out.

They felt pretty good from the start. The minimal break-in was quick. Definitely my most comfortable pair.

Back