• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Beer Garden thanks you

MADDOG

On behalf of Dan, Randy, and myself, we would like to sincerely thank everyone who volunteered this year. After a one year gap because of the Billings situation, I was worried about drop off. Never happened !

Old clubs repeated; new ones came on. Historic individuals came forward, and many new rally-goers also ! You all know who you are. { would not want to omit anyone.} Thank you all.

On a side note, we consumed 126 kegs {actually 1/2 kegs} of beer @ 15.5 gallons per. { Sorry to all my Canadian friends, but we only have 4 qts in ours} WAY TO GO TEAM !

So...ON TO UTAH ! Let's show those Mormons what they are missing.

MAD DOG
2016 DAS RALLY Beer Garden Chair:drink

Mad Dog, if I can speak for the 21 Yankee Beemers who "worked" on Saturday afternoon and evening, it was a lot of fun and a pleasure working with you and the "staph!"

Mad Dog, if I can speak for the 21 Yankee Beemers who "worked" on Saturday afternoon and evening, it was a lot of fun and a pleasure working with you and the "staph!"

John,
Having been associated with, and having had fun with the YB's for many years, I know that Dave H. did yeoman's work in getting volunteers. "Herding cats" comes to mind.

MAD DOG:drink

I should like to echo Jim's thanks, all you beertenders rocked! After the closing ceremonies, when we were deluged by thirsty people, you didn't miss a beat. It was dicey at the end when we were running out of beerand we were concerned that we would run out when Paul Thorne ended. But we ended up overall with one untapped keg for the rally. That was the closest we've experienced.

See everybody in SLC!
Randy

Mary and I again enjoyed our two stints slapping the taps. Great time. The busier it got the more we enjoyed it. The well managed process helped us servers remain in effortless motion :thumb:thumb Will be there in Utah :dance - Bob

Anyone know if they can sell beer next year in Utah? Isn't it a dry state?

It's not a dry state. If you want to purchase specific types of alcohol, you must go to state run stores. I believe the lower alcohol percentage beers are available elsewhere. Not sure about that. Craft beer is a big deal in Utah, Salt Lake City and up and down the mountain range.

MAD DOG here

It may be Mormon, but it is anything but a dry state

The 2002 Olympics really opened it up. My understanding is that there are over 10-12 microbrews in Utah, including one that brews "Polygyny Porter"... the motto? Wait for it... "When one just isn't enough!"

MAD DOG

2016 BG Chair:drink

including one that brews "Polygyny Porter"... the motto? Wait for it... "When one just isn't enough!"

As it happens, it's Polygamy Porter and the motto is "Why have just one!".

polygamy-porter.jpg

Craft beers at the Rally?

I very much enjoyed the craft beers at Das Rally. Two of them I especially liked. If I recall one was a Porter and the other was another darker beer. Not the Shock-top or the IPA.
Does anyone have the names of either of those beers or the brewery they're from?

Thanks
DC

The IPA and Red Ale were both from "Flying Bison"brewery. The Porter was from Saranac brewery and was called Saranac S'mores Porter.

Glad you liked them, as I spent many hours doing scientific method sampling on the behalf of you all

MAD DOG
2016 Beer Garden Chair:drink

:thumb
The IPA and Red Ale were both from "Flying Bison"brewery. The Porter was from Saranac brewery and was called Saranac S'mores Porter.

Glad you liked them, as I spent many hours doing scientific method sampling on the behalf of you all

MAD DOG
2016 Beer Garden Chair:drink

And a heckuva job you did! Thanks Jim. :thumb

Back