Thread: Advice needed re screen for 89 R100

Advice needed re screen for 89 R100

Hi Guys I have removed the fairing from my 89 R100rt and am now looking to fit a decent universal screen .
    I want some thing that is quiet but I am shying away from the airstreem adjustable type screens as they look too modern to my taste i.e. not in keeping with an old airhead .
    The parabelum screen while I am sure is a very good screen it is a bit big . a Favour Givi screens at the moment but non of the dealers here in the uk stock them they order them in for you now I would like to see one first or at least a decent photo of one preferably on a BM and not just a 2inch photo in a catalog.
    Any suggestions and if possible a photo would be great .
    Take Care all
    Mike

Mike -

I don't have any suggestions for you, but you could try using the tag cloud search in the forum. At the bottom of this thread is a link to view the tag cloud. When you get there, type in "windscreen" or "windshield" and select the entries which will bring up past threads that discuss this. Maybe you can get a bit of info to help with your search.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I'm partial to "fly" screens. They're big enough to get the wind load off of your chest, but not so big they're obtrusive to look at. Not quite a "bikini" fairing, but sort of...

This one is by National. There are a lot others, just google "fly windshield".

Renn-shields are classic airhead. He fits /2 and /5 but don't know if he can fit later models ( larger diameter head lights).

http://renn-shield.com/Home.html

"It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden
    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner
    1963 Dnepr

Now that is one nice bike . Thank you for replying and posting the photo but I am looking for something a little bigger not Parebalum bug but a proper touring screen .
    Take Care
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by lmo1131 View Post
    I'm partial to "fly" screens. They're big enough to get the wind load off of your chest, but not so big they're obtrusive to look at. Not quite a "bikini" fairing, but sort of...

This one is by National. There are a lot others, just google "fly windshield".

Renn-shields are classic airhead. He fits /2 and /5 but don't know if he can fit later models ( larger diameter head lights).

http://renn-shield.com/Home.html

Quote Originally Posted by lmo1131 View Post
    I understand the Renn-shields are not being made anymore.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

slipstreamer may have something that fits in the products->motorcycles->universals section. Just make sure that the cutout for the headlight has the right width.

/Guenther