Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: The ONLY way to See the Alps...

Short & sweet:
    I proposed to Mrs HSV near Passo Giao, on our first few days in the Alps in 2007.
    Most very Overwhelming!!!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giau_Pass

We were actually at the Belvedere Restaurant overlooking the Cortina d’Ampezzo Valley - she said, Yes! Still working on our team project...
    Sticker-in-2017.jpeg

Another POV on the balcony above Lago da’Garda Italy on our 10th Anniversary tour in Pieve, Italy. We went there at John Hermann’s suggestion in his book, The Alps & Corsica.... Worked out quite well, I’d say....
    Hotel-Paridisso-IT.jpeg

Go devise your own Euro Tour. We’ve enjoyed Ireland/England, Italy, Slovevnia/Croatia, France & Spain, as well as most of North ‘Merica!
    Ride your own ADVentures, fellas!
    Ciao, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen - 🏍+🏕+🛵+⛰=🙋🙋

Quote Originally Posted by ducster View Post
    The only way to see the Alps for me is on Youtube. The cost of a European motorcycle trip is beyond my reach. There are some videos I have seen that give an excellent illustration of the incredible scenery and the breathtaking roads of the Alps. I'm sure it is even more impressive actually being there.
    If you’re coming to the rally, you might enjoy my seminar on touring in Europe on your own. I, too, have taken a Beach’s tour and it’s everything the OP says. But there are less expensive ways to ride the same roads for less cost, and it’s a ton of fun.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ ________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom || '19 CB500X

After two years of Covid and travelling lock-downs, I got to spend my 26th year back in the Alps and took in the odd road and vista I missed in the past. I am running out of new roads there.

I finally got to ride the Strada della Forra aka Brasa Schlucht (gorge) that took us up to Hotel Paradiso in Tremosine sul Garda where we stayed for a few days. The view from the room and balcony is spectacular and to die for.
    20220610_164245.jpg

20220610_180157.jpg

And of course a road I have driven several times but never got a shot of it from this angle...
    20220623_123512.jpg