Thread: k1200 land speed record?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    On the Road

k1200 land speed record?

could somebody please explain to me how this land speed record works, because although this site states that the k1200 just set the record for a stock 1000-1350cc bike, i know that stock hayabusas go faster. i don't understand the parameters involved for this land speed test discussed on the home page of this site, somebody please shed some light for me.

BUBBAZANETTI
    from what i can gather, no one has ever done an "official" test on the other bikes (hyabusa, xr12, etc) and i'm not sure what "offical" defines, 2 way run, more than that, i'm not sure....................

Quote Originally Posted by alirawk
    could somebody please explain to me how this land speed record works, because although this site states that the k1200 just set the record for a stock 1000-1350cc bike, i know that stock hayabusas go faster. i don't understand the parameters involved for this land speed test discussed on the home page of this site, somebody please shed some light for me.
    The Hayabusas have not run in the same class as the K1200 did. When they have run in stock engine form they did it with aerodynamic modifications which put them in a different class. Hyabusas hold various landspeed records in various classes of the over 1350cc bike class.

Land speed records are narrowly defined by class. A particular bike may be faster but if it has not been run in the same class during a sanctioned record event it has no offical claim to speed.

The cool thing is that someone thought they could set a record in any class with a BMW and put their money and life where there mouth was.

dlearl476
    Quote Originally Posted by alirawk
    All you could ever want to know: SCTA