Thread: washed 1100 rt

washed 1100 rt

washed RT today.. then went to top off oil, noticed a little water buildup when i took filler plug off..

there is a chance a little water got into the drain, plug.. when i say little, just maybe a eye drop .

what do you think?

Should be OK...sounds like as much moisture that naturally gets in due to condensation. A few good rides should heat up enough to get the water out of the engine.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Left Coast Rider
    Obviously a complete tear-down is in order. Yes, I'm kidding! You'll be fine.

thanks , I'm sure there is plenty of condensation at the beginning of riding season after a long winter.. non heated garage..

Push it out to the curb

What was the address again? Yeh it might be major problems with moisture in the oil so cut your loss.

ONLY KIDDING!!!!!!

Ride it a little and if it makes you nervous change the oil & filter and forget about a couple drops of H2O in there.

thanks again.. after being stranded with a FD failure everything makes me nervous..

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH7196 View Post
    thanks again.. after being stranded with a FD failure everything makes me nervous..
    Don't worry. Go ride it. Any water in the oil will boil off right quick once she's nice and warmed up.
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT

You washed it? Isn't that what rain is for?
    At the tender age of five, a bear told me that only I could prevent forest fires. Why I was chosen, I'll never know.