• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

throttle lock

rogerfe

Hi There, I have a 2002 r1150r and I am considering a throttle lock. Any recommendations or opinions on these. Throttlemeister seems to be the benchmark, any others to consider?

Thanks

Hi There, I have a 2002 r1150r and I am considering a throttle lock. Any recommendations or opinions on these. Throttlemeister seems to be the benchmark, any others to consider?

Thanks

I have a Throttlemeister on my 04 Roadster. Do not care for it at all. It really is not an "instant" on/off IMO it is a friction lock that sets the desired drag on the throttle . Again 'opinion' but too me cumbersome to use ? They do however make a nice looking bar end . :thumb

I like the looks of that 'Atlas' model....I think that may become a new addition !

I have a Throttlemeister and a cramp buster wrist rest. I hardly ever use the Throttlemeister (it came with the bike). The cramp buster is great, tho, and only costs about $10.

Nothing wrong with the Throttlemeister. Adjust it properly so you have a minimum amount of turn to engage. Either remove a washer or two from the inside or adjust the right handlebar controls back towards the throttlemeister and it can engage properly. Bar end weights are a plus on these oilheads. The wrist wrest works oK when on the highway at speed but you have to turn it out of the way when around town or get used to having your right wrist at an odd angle.

I find that any of the handlebar type throttle locks are just temporary devices that let you rest your right wrist for a bit so use whatever one works for you. Not really any better, just different. The wrist rest does work well but it is not a throttle lock.

Bob's Wrist Rest

Bob's Wrist Rest works well, $65, stupid simple to install, very well made, solid, and also functions as the bar end weight it replaces. I uses the same M8 hex screw that holds the stock weight on. I use it with a very old version of a "cramp buster" that has a screw tightening the device around the throttle, doesn't move.

Back