Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shock Sticker Shock

Replaced my R100RT shock

I had to replace my '91 shock @36K miles. I had sticker shock, too! I did some searching around and contacted Pro-Shock, spoke to a great guy there who had sympathy for me. He told me to send him my old shock, and he would build me a re-build able one for less than half what BMW wanted for another non-rebuild able one. I even asked him to lower it by an inch, which he did. I now have 124,500 miles on it, and it is still going strong. I am very happy with it, and am glad my bike has the one sided swing arm, so I only needed one! I seriously considered trying to be a middle-man for them and the m.c. Community, as they don't really (at least they didn't at the time) do shocks for motorcycles. I am not sure if they do now or not.
    The original shock, when it went, became like a po-go stick real fast! Anyone want me to be a middle-man to help, call me. 716-525-4900. Sid

Sounds like an advertisement.. .. .

BTW, welcome to the boards.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden
    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner
    1963 Dnepr

Might want to check in on sovietsteeds.com if you haven't already. Seems the Hagon's get really good ratings. Just not cheap.

Might want to check in on sovietsteeds.com if you haven't already.
    Doesn't seem to be a whole lot to choose from for Ural/Dnepr. NOS OEM Russian, Sachs, or Hagons seem to be about it. It'll be five Hagons for the Dnepr when I get to it (leading link).

Lmo
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden
    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner
    1963 Dnepr

Quote Originally Posted by lmo1131 View Post
    Sounds like an advertisement.. .. .

BTW, welcome to the boards.
    Thanks for the welcome.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Woah there big guy. We have rules on spamming the forum.
    I’m going to send you a Private Message and clean these posts up.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

On my modern bikes I've used Ohlins, Foxx, Penske and RaceTech gold valve kits, and emulator kits. I always go for the best suspension I can afford. That said, I found Ikons to be much more than adequate on my airheads.
    '61 Clubman's Gold Star, '13 690 Duke, '13 Daytona 675R, '18 Street Triple RS, 2020 R1250R (gone but not forgotten: '76 R75/6, '84 R100, '76 R90S)

Ikon

I had the IKON's on my R90s for some years. They performed very well. My only complaint was the somewhat inaccessible rebound setting dial due to the cover on the rear subframe, extending down around the top of the shocks.

I rebuilt my stock R90s shocks (new dampers, new springs, polished stock covers) and they perform very very well.

Just another option to think about.

RPGR90s

Quote Originally Posted by RPGR90s View Post
    I had the IKON's on my R90s for some years.
    Just an FYI, and I know many already are aware of this ...

IKON is a rearrangement of the letters that spell KONI.

When KONI left the motorcycle market some years ago, they sold the “blueprints” to some Australians, who have continued the designs.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S