• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

K75 Fork gaiters?

TOM1911

I've been trying to find a set of gaiters for the K75 that has finally worn out the springs, seals and dust boots that were original to the bike. Ihave seen in other posts that Rancho Suspension makes a nice set of gaiters but i have not been able to find a part number or a supplier for these items. I,m rebuilding the forks and I live in a sandy and dusty environment and gaiters sound like they would help extend the life of the fork seals. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thumb

Tom,
I agree with Don...those Rancho boots fit the K like a glove and are cheap!

Hit their website and find their local supplier...

I wanted the accordion fork boots on my 92 K75S. I went to Re-Psycle BMW and obtained the boots. A set of K75S fork lowers and fork tubes were used to make certain that the boots would fit. The part number for the fork boots (which fit perfectly) is 31-42-2-311-077. I used some old clamps of the appropriate size to secure the boots to the forks.

I had some issues with extracting the fork tubes from the triple clamps. I used a good bit of heat from a propane torch on the lower and upper clamp (after removing pinch bolts!). The fork tubes slid out after heating.

Although I cleaned the inner surface of the upper and lower clamps with scotchbrite, it was necessary to use heat to allow the fork tubes to be inserted.

Check out Amazon for the RS1952's. $5 or less each, I think. I've done 2 K75's and will definitely do another when the forks come off for some other reason than to put fork covers on. One of the cheapest additions to your bike you will ever buy.

I did trim (with scissors) the lower inside of each boot so that the tie wrap and boot fit properly.

Charlie

Check out Amazon for the RS1952's. $5 or less each...

Sigh! I did see that the RS1952 boots would work AFTER I'd obtained and installed the BMW fork boots. I did purchase a couple of the RS1952 boots from Summit Racing for my other K75S (or airhead GS as this was the basis for the BMW boots from Re-Psycle).

It might be worthwhile to sticky the link to Summit Racing and note that the RS1952 boots are a much less expensive alternative to the BMW boots for the K75S.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ran-rs1952

Back