• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Happy Canada Day!

Paul_F

RK Ryder
Hope that all the MOA Canadian members are out and about celebrating Canada's 149th Birthday today! :dance

The wall is only around UND to keep our hockey players from making a US hockey team so damn fantastic. It isn't working.

Just think of the unemployed or under employed US hockey players? Sure, your Canadian Hockey players can send money home to the family to build homes and send their nieces, nephews and cousins to school (in some cases with shoes!), but that's money taken out of the mouths of American Hockey families.

America isn't frozen like Canada. Non-cube or crushed Ice is only available at Ice Rinks.......which aren't all that common. Take Mr. Glaves, for instance. His closest Ice Rink might be more than a few small New England states away.... Then there's the cost of those pads, the skates, helmet, dental work, gender-neutral knickers/shorts/blummers and knee-high socks. American Families have invested a lot to make our great American Hockey Players and we're not going to put that asset at risk! I don't care if you can speak two languages......

Last edited:
With the Brexit vote........You guys, might be getting a new province or two......

Well, I still call it Dominion Day. :D It was Trudeau Sr. who caused the name change....:bluduh

But it would be great to have the Scots and Irish on board.

I just finished watching the Eastern Canada episode on Globetrekker TV It looks like you can get a great view from the "spike" in Toronto :thumb :ca
The western episode with the Calgary Stampede looked great as well.
OM

Just think of the unemployed or under employed US hockey players? Sure, your Canadian Hockey players can send money home to the family to build homes and send their nieces, nephews and cousins to school (in some cases with shoes!), but that's money taken out of the mouths of American Hockey families.

American isn't frozen like Canada. Non cube or crushed Ice is available at Ice Rinks.......which aren't all that common. Take Mr. Glaves, for instance. His closest Ice Rink might be more than a few small New England states away.... Then there's the cost of those pads, the skates, helmet, dental work, gender-neutral knickers/shorts/blummers and knee-high socks. American Families have invested a lot to make our great American Hockey Players and we're not going to put that asset at risk! I don't care if you can speak two languages......

When I worked at the U. Of AK Fairbanks I got interested in hockey to the point of having season tickets. They were Division One hockey and in the same conference with Micihigan, OSU and Notre Dame; so pretty good hockey. Every year they played a two game series against U. Of AK Anchorage called the Govenor's Cup. It was a contest to see if our Canadians could beat their Canadians. :scratch

Well, I still call it Dominion Day. :D It was Trudeau Sr. who caused the name change....:bluduh

But it would be great to have the Scots and Irish on board.

It sounds like the Irish and the Scots are going with the French and Germans.......

I'm thinking Wales will be looking for a home.

Back