• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New (to me) F 800 GS

Bud

It is what it is.
f800gs.jpg

More farkles than any other bike I've owned:

Suspension- Ohlins front fork inserts with preload, compression, and rebound adjustments, Ohlins rear shock with Indy kit upper bolt reinforcement and 12.9 grade bolt. Both recently added only approx. 5K miles ago. Scotts steering damper added about 12K miles ago.

Engine- AF-Xied fuel controller, clutch recently replaced, fuel injectors recent sonic cleaning

Exhaust- Remus stainless header eliminating cat converter, Beowulf can (awesome growl, but not too offensive)

Electrical- Roadster cycle series regulator upgrade, voltmeter, tire pressure sensor, fuzeblock fuzebox, added rear brake led bar below license plate, fuel pressure regulator replaced under warranty, sae charge lead on side of frame, 5V waterproof USB socket added beside ignition key, Low beam and parking light replaced with LED as well as front turn signals, upgraded horn (actually gets attention)

Wheels/Tires- Front Excel rim with RAD hub, stock rear wheel, but bearings checked/adjusted for too tight fit (common problem with some F800's), Mitas E-07 dakar tires in good condition have about 1.5K miles on them

Chain/sprockets- Supersprox rear sprocket (43T) installed only about 1K miles ago along with new
front sprocket, chain in great shape with only about 6K miles on it. BRP chain guide, BMW Scottoiler

Body/Frame- Carbon fiber air inlet tubes, Cameltoe sidestand foot, Touratech front fender riser kit,
rear fender front extension (keeps mud off shock), Brittania Mirage 2 fairing with stock smoke shield and clear homemade shield (I made the clear one, and I like the shape/function of it better personally) has a few mounting holes from GPS, etc. but in good shape otherwise, Carbon fiber front fender extension, Sargent red seat as well as the stock seat

Controls- Length adjustable brake and clutch levers, Kaoko throttle lock, rear brake pedal enlarger, Pivot pegs footpegs, heated grips, gentler response throttle tube, hand protectors, mirror extensions, 1/2" crossbar added, Touratech adjustable shift lever

Fuel- Adventure tank rear rack aux fuel tank (adds about 1.6 gal) and can just not be filled if you don't want the extra weight for off road.

Luggage- Pelican side boxes mounted on SW Motech frames. Boxes are mounted with Happy Trails mounting discs and have locks and hold open wires. Right box also has a 1 liter fuel or water bottle mounted, tractor manual storage tube mounted behind right box for tools,etc.

Protection- Black Dog skid plate (the best), Black Dog rear brake m/c guard with relocated rear brake reservoir, Touratech radiator mount reinforcement, SW Motech engine guards, clear headlight guard, radiator guard

Had a chance to ride the new bike.

Very high first gear and twitchy throttle (even with aftermarket throttle tube on the grip) makes for interesting slow speed maneuvers.

The Ohlins? :thumb:thumb
The PO was my size and has them dialed in.

Scott's Steering Stabilizer? Can't really tell. But it is very $$$$$ IMO.

Took off the barking exhaust and replaced it with a new OEM takeoff from Grand Rapids BMW for $50 including the bracket. Score!!!!

Filled up today. Main tank first then the AUX tank that is on the rear rack.

Sargent seat? YES nice and flat so there is room to move around and narrow in the front. Interesting factoid. The same seat fits the F650, F700 and F800 GS's.

Being lighter than previous bikes, it gets thrown around a lot more on the highway, especially by turbulence from semi's.

Knee bend? Perfect for me. Very open and relaxed. Pivot Pegs are a bonus.

LED lights all around except for high beam.

Never had a volt meter before. Interesting? Has aftermarket regulator to help prevent stator damage.

21" front wheel seems HUGE!

Brakes are what you would expect on a Beemer.

Heated grips, of course with aftermarket hand guards and adjustable levers on the bars.

The rinky dink front brake reservoir looks like it came from the 5 and dime store. What were they thinking. Of course the rear is protected by aftermarket shield.

BDW bash plate is some serious piece of kit. Heavy Duty Stuff!! 2 bolts to remove, easy peasy.

It is easy to ride. Upright, wide bars, doesn't fall in on corners, feels planted. Engine revs quickly and reaches the limiter before you know it.

All in all, a fun ride. But still pretty high for this old man to throw a leg over that tall seat!!!!!!!!!

I hate getting older and shrinking. Used to be 6'2", not any more. :banghead

Congrats!!! Sounds like quite the bike. Used to be 6'2", but shrunk... do you still reach the ground? :thumb

Pretty good setup on that bike, I've got much of the same or similar farkles on my 09. I really liked those anniversary models colours and would have jumped on one if I did not all ready have my yellow 09.

Back