• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Food vendors - what should I expect?

Breakfast foods are usually limited at the rally site. I generally pack granola bars and such and locate fresh fruit in the area.

Food choices are what you would tend to find at a fair or carnival, food trucks. Not always a bad thing, but again, there will likely be better options off site. There have been some very good food truck options at each of the recent rallies.

Have a great time!

Preston

Every Rally is different as far as food choices. I remember at West Bend there was a place that had good breakfast food, eggs, hash browns, bacon, etc. I think it was operated by the Lions. Sometimes I have found breakfast sandwiches. There is always free coffee so sometimes I have fruit or a bar and coffee.

Steve

The variety can be great. Some things I can recall from a few rallies:

West Bend: one vendor had German cuisine, and the lines for it were always long.

Gillette: I think a guy who had meatball subs was open for breakfast...don't be bound by 'traditional' breakfasts; that meatball sub hit the spot! Also there was a guy with grilled bratwurst...tasty, and the best part was that after midnight when he closed, he put all the day's leftovers out on a table for whoever wanted them! THAT really hit the spot after a good night in the biergarten!

Johnson City: there was a vendor there who had fresh fruit and baked stuff. Was yummy!

Of course I do also love to try the local fare. A friend of mine's husband grew up near Hamburg and he's given me a tip or two for local flavour.

Hopefully there will be a good selection and plenty of vendors. Last year at Billings the food was good but there were only a few vendors which made for long lines. I remember Salem, Oregon for a great selection and several vendors.

Keep in mind that food vendors at the rally are not your only choice - there will be restaurants nearby as well. You can find them on Streets and Trips software or on your Garmin/Nav V while you are at the rally.

Harry

OK, I'll bite.........What is the unique local fare?

I see what you did there...

Can't wait: my first rally... with a cast on my right wrist. Putting up a tent with the wife, and me with just a left hand: challenging, I'm sure. Being all gimped up aint gonna keep my left hand from shoveling all that vendor food into my pie hole.

In Hamburg? :scratch Can't imagine...

c67da68129b11dd2f98ccc58ea9c3bc6.png

http://hamburgburgerfest.com

As well as the Hamburger which was already pointed out there are a few more. Beef on Weck is one that I love. I can't wait for Monday evening when we are in Lockport NY and eating one. They are available at many western NY restaurants. Also Buffalo is the home of those special chicken wings - Buffalo Wings. Get the real buffalo wings with some blue cheese on the side. Also at many local places. Red hot and White hot - hot dogs, Reids is one good place that I know of. There also is a lot of Italians in the area and therefore some real good Italian food. The Pizza can be very good.

Steve

As well as the Hamburger which was already pointed out there are a few more. Beef on Weck is one that I love. I can't wait for Monday evening when we are in Lockport NY and eating one. They are available at many western NY restaurants. Also Buffalo is the home of those special chicken wings - Buffalo Wings. Get the real buffalo wings with some blue cheese on the side. Also at many local places. Red hot and White hot - hot dogs, Reids is one good place that I know of. There also is a lot of Italians in the area and therefore some real good Italian food. The Pizza can be very good.

Steve

I did not know the hamburger connection. The Roast Beef on a salty Kaiser roll with horseradish has always been a Roast Beef sandwich to me.

The white hot dogs............that is something to look for. While there's zero chance of any veal being in the concoction, you can kinda believe/pretend you're eating a weisswurst in the Fatherland.

I see what you did there...

Can't wait: my first rally... with a cast on my right wrist. Putting up a tent with the wife, and me with just a left hand: challenging, I'm sure. Being all gimped up aint gonna keep my left hand from shoveling all that vendor food into my pie hole.

It's okay. Beer works in the left hand as well. See you there!

I did not know the hamburger connection. The Roast Beef on a salty Kaiser roll with horseradish has always been a Roast Beef sandwich to me.

Ah, yes, you are from PA so that makes sense. Here Minnesota they don't have or even know what a kummelweck roll is. There are some good roast beef sandwiches to be had but it is just not the same. I bet your wings are better than ours too.

Steve

Ah, yes, you are from PA so that makes sense. Here Minnesota they don't have or even know what a kummelweck roll is. There are some good roast beef sandwiches to be had but it is just not the same. I bet your wings are better than ours too.

Steve

Steve,

If you're near the Twin Cities, I can't believe you're a stranger to a decent roast beef sandwich.

Wings in PA are pretty much like wings everywhere...........A good way to sell spoiled poultry products and cheap beer! But, that's just my opinion.

But, seriously.............I'm looking forward to the Rally. Summer near the Lakes is a great time and I hope attendees get a chance to tour from Rochester to Cleveland. Many of the beautiful vacation / summer homes from the Gilded Age were constructed along those shores, beyond the industrial cities.

Food at DAS Rally...you bet!

First time rally attender - What should I expect along the lines of available food at the rally? Breakfast available?

Thanks!

:eat Breakfast available? YES! Choose from a full breakfast buffet, breakfast sandwiches, breakfast pizza, or fresh made-on-site donuts!

For lunch, expect everything from the usual sandwiches, burgers and dogs (yes, white hots too) to gourmet Mac 'n cheese, pulled pork, beef brisket and much more.

Dinners.....of course there will be genuine 'Buffalo wings' and 'Beef on Weck'! You'll also find a chicken BBQ dinner, a nightly steak fry, smoked salmon and another WNY favorite, a Friday night fish fry. :eat

Dutch, will there be any ice cream? Either soft serve or hard will do, but Tulliver gets a vanilla cone on every day of riding. It's sort of a tradition

Back