• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ride with Norman Reedus

rangerreece

RangerReece
Just finished watching installment three of ride with Norman Reedus. First two episodes I was like... Meh. Norman hit it out of the park on Episode 3, Fontana dam. Sound familiar? He went to Apex cycles, which should also sound familiar as the BMW shop was highlighted in the ON. Norman Reedus is the actor who portrays Darrell on the walking dead.

I'll be watching it more often as I won't be riding next couple of weeks. Fell off helicopter today preflighting for my students. Broke my right wrist, and and right elbow. First thought laying on the concrete... I just broke my right wrist, how am I going to ride home... HOW AM I GOING TO RIDE TO NATIONAL?

I'm typing with my left index finger so for those who are like, "Man I wish Reece wouldn't post so much..." Your wish is granted.

Jerry Elliot rode my bike home, Rhonda took me to the hospital, both MOA members. (Jerry was in the May ON page 34.) Members helping other members. This sincere dedication and caring for fellow members is so humbling. It is why I ran for the board this year, to serve people such as the these.

I got a good ride in the rain yesterday with members Brian Hinton and Jeff Hanshew. I'm glad I did, as I'll be off the new bike for a while. Looks like Rhonda and I will be attending the national in the Bimmer and not on the Beemer. :banghead

image.jpgimage.jpg

Just finished watching installment three of ride with Norman Reedus. First two episodes I was like... Meh. Norman hit it out of the park on Episode 3, Fontana dam. Sound familiar? He went to Apex cycles, which should also sound familiar as the BMW shop was highlighted in the ON. Norman Reedus is the actor who portrays Darrell on the walking dead.

I'll be watching it more often as I won't be riding next couple of weeks. Fell off helicopter today preflighting for my students. Broke my right wrist, and and right elbow. First thought laying on the concrete... I just broke my right wrist, how am I going to ride home... HOW AM I GOING TO RIDE TO NATIONAL?

I'm typing with my left index finger so for those who are like, "Man I wish Reece wouldn't post so much..." Your wish is granted.

Jerry Elliot rode my bike home, Rhonda took me to the hospital, both MOA members. (Jerry was in the May ON page 34.) Members helping other members. This sincere dedication and caring for fellow members is so humbling. It is why I ran for the board this year, to serve people such as the these.

I got a good ride in the rain yesterday with members Brian Hinton and Jeff Hanshew. I'm glad I did, as I'll be off the new bike for a while. Looks like Rhonda and I will be attending the national in the Bimmer and not on the Beemer. :banghead

View attachment 57148View attachment 57149

The puppy-dog looks absolutely bummed about it....:) Get well soon !

:doh
Dude...sorry to see that. Heal soon.

Was that a teachable moment or a learning experience? :stick. Sorry :wave

Had a pole climbing school where I taught the noobs the incorrect but fast way down from about 30' with an ankle sprain for my scorecard..and a very painful ride home on my RT. They volunteered to stay in fall arrest gear a few more sessions:eek

So so opinon of Normans show thus far...he was on a NineT episode 1 with an overly chatty young woman ridng a HD. Riding a Duc next into DeathValley...I don't think it's aimed at my age demographic.

The puppy-dog looks absolutely bummed about it....:) Get well soon !

Yeah, Ellie and I look about the same, pretty pitiful. I count my blessings one by one. When I quit feeling sorry for myself I will do what it says takes to get back on the bike. This isn't my first rodeo when it comes to a broke wrist now I have a matching set. Next time I break a wrist I'll be sure to schedule it for say... January or Febuary.

:doh
Dude...sorry to see that. Heal soon.

Was that a teachable moment or a learning experience? :stick. Sorry :wave

Had a pole climbing school where I taught the noobs the incorrect but fast way down from about 30' with an ankle sprain for my scorecard..and a very painful ride home on my RT. They volunteered to stay in fall arrest gear a few more sessions:eek

So so opinon of Normans show thus far...he was on a NineT episode 1 with an overly chatty young woman ridng a HD. Riding a Duc next into DeathValley...I don't think it's aimed at my age demographic.

Yeah, I had the same exact opinion on the first two. I thought they hit it out of the park on the third installment. Major improvement.

Get well quick, Reece...

I always knew helicopters were dangerous...but this is crazy. Hope you're on the bike & in the air soon.

Sorry Reece...heal up quick.

Thanks Gail. I'm very motivated to heal fast as it's the peak of riding season and I have a new bike. I'm glad I've been in the gym lately, I think the new muscle tone minimized the damage. Got to suppress the reflex of breaking my fall with out stretched arms. Need to work in my PLF's (Parachute Landing Falls). Tuck and roll. You'd think I'd know better.

Third installment would've been great if they actually rode the dragon - I can't imagine riding to it, never having done it, and then wussing out because your bike was too expensive to ride on the dragon.

Just my .02 - did love the old airheads segment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back