Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ride with Norman Reedus

Ride with Norman Reedus

Just finished watching installment three of ride with Norman Reedus. First two episodes I was like... Meh. Norman hit it out of the park on Episode 3, Fontana dam. Sound familiar? He went to Apex cycles, which should also sound familiar as the BMW shop was highlighted in the ON. Norman Reedus is the actor who portrays Darrell on the walking dead.

I'll be watching it more often as I won't be riding next couple of weeks. Fell off helicopter today preflighting for my students. Broke my right wrist, and and right elbow. First thought laying on the concrete... I just broke my right wrist, how am I going to ride home... HOW AM I GOING TO RIDE TO NATIONAL?

I'm typing with my left index finger so for those who are like, "Man I wish Reece wouldn't post so much..." Your wish is granted.

Jerry Elliot rode my bike home, Rhonda took me to the hospital, both MOA members. (Jerry was in the May ON page 34.) Members helping other members. This sincere dedication and caring for fellow members is so humbling. It is why I ran for the board this year, to serve people such as the these.

I got a good ride in the rain yesterday with members Brian Hinton and Jeff Hanshew. I'm glad I did, as I'll be off the new bike for a while. Looks like Rhonda and I will be attending the national in the Bimmer and not on the Beemer.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    bummer - heal quick and complete and count your blessings

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Crap!
    Heal well Reece.
    Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    Just finished watching installment three of ride with Norman Reedus. First two episodes I was like... Meh. Norman hit it out of the park on Episode 3, Fontana dam. Sound familiar? He went to Apex cycles, which should also sound familiar as the BMW shop was highlighted in the ON. Norman Reedus is the actor who portrays Darrell on the walking dead.

I'll be watching it more often as I won't be riding next couple of weeks. Fell off helicopter today preflighting for my students. Broke my right wrist, and and right elbow. First thought laying on the concrete... I just broke my right wrist, how am I going to ride home... HOW AM I GOING TO RIDE TO NATIONAL?

I'm typing with my left index finger so for those who are like, "Man I wish Reece wouldn't post so much..." Your wish is granted.

Jerry Elliot rode my bike home, Rhonda took me to the hospital, both MOA members. (Jerry was in the May ON page 34.) Members helping other members. This sincere dedication and caring for fellow members is so humbling. It is why I ran for the board this year, to serve people such as the these.

I got a good ride in the rain yesterday with members Brian Hinton and Jeff Hanshew. I'm glad I did, as I'll be off the new bike for a while. Looks like Rhonda and I will be attending the national in the Bimmer and not on the Beemer.

image.jpgimage.jpg

The puppy-dog looks absolutely bummed about it.... Get well soon !
    Ron Prior {AMA member ,MOA member}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Dude...sorry to see that. Heal soon.

Was that a teachable moment or a learning experience? . Sorry

Had a pole climbing school where I taught the noobs the incorrect but fast way down from about 30' with an ankle sprain for my scorecard..and a very painful ride home on my RT. They volunteered to stay in fall arrest gear a few more sessions

So so opinon of Normans show thus far...he was on a NineT episode 1 with an overly chatty young woman ridng a HD. Riding a Duc next into DeathValley...I don't think it's aimed at my age demographic.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    The puppy-dog looks absolutely bummed about it.... Get well soon !
    Yeah, Ellie and I look about the same, pretty pitiful. I count my blessings one by one. When I quit feeling sorry for myself I will do what it says takes to get back on the bike. This isn't my first rodeo when it comes to a broke wrist now I have a matching set. Next time I break a wrist I'll be sure to schedule it for say... January or Febuary.
    MOA # 143779
    BMW MOA Vice President

Sorry Reece. Hope you heal quickly.

Always wondered why they pay you guys flight pay.... now I know.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Sorry Reece. Hope you heal quickly.

Always wondered why they pay you guys flight pay.... now I know.
    Dang that's funny right there!
    MOA # 143779
    BMW MOA Vice President

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post

Dude...sorry to see that. Heal soon.

Was that a teachable moment or a learning experience? . Sorry

Had a pole climbing school where I taught the noobs the incorrect but fast way down from about 30' with an ankle sprain for my scorecard..and a very painful ride home on my RT. They volunteered to stay in fall arrest gear a few more sessions

So so opinon of Normans show thus far...he was on a NineT episode 1 with an overly chatty young woman ridng a HD. Riding a Duc next into DeathValley...I don't think it's aimed at my age demographic.
    Yeah, I had the same exact opinion on the first two. I thought they hit it out of the park on the third installment. Major improvement.
    MOA # 143779
    BMW MOA Vice President

Get well quick, Reece...

I always knew helicopters were dangerous...but this is crazy. Hope you're on the bike & in the air soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Subman View Post
    Get well quick, Reece...

I always knew helicopters were dangerous...but this is crazy. Hope you're on the bike & in the air soon.
    Tanks brudda.
    MOA # 143779
    BMW MOA Vice President

Sorry Reece...heal up quick.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

Quote Originally Posted by shortythorne View Post
    Sorry Reece...heal up quick.
    Thanks Gail. I'm very motivated to heal fast as it's the peak of riding season and I have a new bike. I'm glad I've been in the gym lately, I think the new muscle tone minimized the damage. Got to suppress the reflex of breaking my fall with out stretched arms. Need to work in my PLF's (Parachute Landing Falls). Tuck and roll. You'd think I'd know better.
    MOA # 143779
    BMW MOA Vice President

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post

(I am not laughing at you, just laughing with you!)

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post

(I am not laughing at you, just laughing with you!)
    Oh Ian. I love you. My MOA family...
    MOA # 143779
    BMW MOA Vice President