• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hello from Park City, UT

roberthuberjr

I got my 2015 F800GS not quite a year ago and have been slowly ramping up to do some adventure touring. Unfortunately I've not gotten out as much as I'd hoped at this point. I'm an avid mountain biker, hiker, and skier and figured this looked like a great way to find new adventures. I've been putting together my touring kit, have taken Fran Tully's Dual Sport course here in Utah (which was excellent btw and I'm glad I had crash bars!), taken the MSF Basic Course and have been getting some riding time through the Uinta section of the Utah BDR when I can (Soapstone, Currant Creek area). It's been an adventure already selecting gear and figuring things out. A friend and I are set to do the Idaho BDR end of August which I'm looking forward to.

See y'all out there!

Welcome to the forum, Robert! Sounds like you have the perfect bike and training for those backcountry discovery routes (BDR). Have fun!!

Back