• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Helping hands

snookers

DBLUPPR
Hopefully this is the proper forum for this thread.......
....My Bride and I just finished a circle tour of the USA and Canada, we completed over 10,000 miles in the last 28 days, but not without being tested. We began our journey from a small town near Niagara Falls Canada and headed for Sault Ste Marie Canada entering into Michigan and then leaning SW into Minnesota. Heading towards Lincoln Nebraska for needed trailer tires then into Kansas where we met up with Dorothy and Toto in Liberal Kansas and missed being involved with a tornado or two by mere hours. To make a long story short, after we attended the 49er Rally in Mariposa California we headed north towards Canada and it was when we neared Mt Shasta California that things began to happen. Rattle.......bang....raaaattlle.........we got of the main road and into Mt Shasta......I had my thoughts of what was to be , but still........without inspecting, it wasn't for sure.
"Having trouble?" was the question I heard in the lonely parking lot from the gentleman in the Dodge ram P/U. Some quick and polite conversation brought me into the lives of a couple of people and there friends who I can never forget.
" I know just the folks who can help you out" was the reply .......and soon I met Terry Borden, the man who brought his bike trailer to our location, loaded it up along with our tag a long and brought us to his, and his Brides oasis. Terry and his bride Sandy assisted us with their hospitality, tools , a M/C lift and his expertise in what we were to find out after tearing down the drive line of our 1100RT,was a broken driveshaft u-joint. It took four days to finally get the correct part, but, the job of replacing shaft was completed and My Bride and I were able to continue and complete our journey. Terry and Sandy were instrumental in assisting us with our needed repair. Had it happened anywhere else I can honestly say I don't know what the outcome may have been. With all that being said, I am proud to state that I have had the opportunity to have met and made friends with a great family in a fabulous location.
Terry and Sandy along with their son Jack only recently returned from their own adventure tour and where still willing to assist us with our needs, many thanks to them. You can read about their adventure in the BMWMOA June edition

Back