• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for a Pillion Rack that I can also put the pillion seat back on

watermelon

On my '96 R11GS i was able to ride without my pillion seat on most of the time but i could easily put the pillion seat back on when I needed it. So I need help finding something similar for the 2016 1200GSW. Does the BMW luggage plate allow that?

Just this morning I received the June email edition of BMW Motorrad News. In it there's mention of a new "Passenger Seat Tail Bag" with some kind of an easy on/off 3-clip fastener. They say your dealer has the details and the price is around $220 depending on model. I tried to find further info online, unsuccessfully, but apart from price it looks pretty good.

Here's a link to the news email: http://click.email.bmwusa.com/t/gfd...vw_dpXli.flp&bh=czervw_dpXli.flp&i=E19&u=&u=#

Last edited:
The answer to your second question is a big "no". Mounting the BMW accessory is semi-permanent. Altrider and Touratech have the solution you seek with a rack that snaps in just like the pillion seat.

Back