• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

For you older riders....

A question.......

Do any of you remember the [from the 70's-80's] Krauser top box/trunk that looked a bit like a "picnic basket" ? [I was told it was sometimes called that]

It uses a regular top box bottom, but has a nylon & leather center & top section, that zips closed & has additional straps over the top that [of course] buckle. In the reg mode it is I believe 37 liters & then expands to 40. Has a leather carry handle in the center of the top/lid. Snaps/locks on just like all the other Krauser's of the day.

I ask because I have one, and a neighbor / friend wants one....so I'm helping him search...thought I'd ask here. Have googled by name & description but so far no luck...................TIA

Can't say as I've heard of that. I have about 100 pages of vintage motorcycle ads from that period and in all the ads for Krauser, nothing like that is shown. Duane Ausherman has a page on Krauser but it seems Krauser was well know for their side bags...don't remember trunks from them.

Short of doing a google image search with various combinations of search words, that's about all I can suggest. :wave

Ron, I can't say that I remember that. Posting a photos of it would help.

You also might want to update Duane Ausherman's "Krauser" page with it/them.

Never tried to post a pic here. Can they be posted directly or must they be sent through a service ?

The hard drive on this thing crapped....lost everything so I have no pics on file.....Perhaps I will take one and attempt a post.

Never tried to post a pic here. Can they be posted directly or must they be sent through a service ?

Ron -

Pictures can be done either way. It's really best if they're uploaded to the MOA server, that way they'll be there forever. Sometimes, the web services change URL or the owner takes pictures down.

To upload a picture, look at this thread, posts #12 and 13.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?72733-How-to-post-on-the-MOA-Forum

If you want to practice, go to the end of this thread and give it a try:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?2021-How-do-I-post-a-picture

GRIN!....I went to Ausherman's site...the one I'm speaking of was not shown....

But the grin is because I learned something. I have an old set of Bate's bags & [some] mounting pieces.

Now I know what the 'hook' piece is for...I have plans for those...but that's another story.

Thanks Lew, for the directing me !! I had forgotten all about that site.

Ron -

Pictures can be done either way. It's really best if they're uploaded to the MOA server, that way they'll be there forever. Sometimes, the web services change URL or the owner takes pictures down.

To upload a picture, look at this thread, posts #12 and 13.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?72733-How-to-post-on-the-MOA-Forum

If you want to practice, go to the end of this thread and give it a try:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?2021-How-do-I-post-a-picture

Thanks Kurt .......

Back