Thread: For you older riders....

For you older riders....

A question.......

Do any of you remember the [from the 70's-80's] Krauser top box/trunk that looked a bit like a "picnic basket" ? [I was told it was sometimes called that]

It uses a regular top box bottom, but has a nylon & leather center & top section, that zips closed & has additional straps over the top that [of course] buckle. In the reg mode it is I believe 37 liters & then expands to 40. Has a leather carry handle in the center of the top/lid. Snaps/locks on just like all the other Krauser's of the day.

I ask because I have one, and a neighbor / friend wants one....so I'm helping him search...thought I'd ask here. Have googled by name & description but so far no luck...................TIA
    Ron Prior {AMA member ,MOA member}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Ron, I can't say that I remember that. Posting a photos of it would help.

You also might want to update Duane Ausherman's "Krauser" page with it/them.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden
    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner
    1963 Dnepr

Can't say as I've heard of that. I have about 100 pages of vintage motorcycle ads from that period and in all the ads for Krauser, nothing like that is shown. Duane Ausherman has a page on Krauser but it seems Krauser was well know for their side bags...don't remember trunks from them.

Short of doing a google image search with various combinations of search words, that's about all I can suggest.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by lmo1131 View Post
    Ron, I can't say that I remember that. Posting a photos of it would help.

You also might want to update Duane Ausherman's "Krauser" page with it/them.

Never tried to post a pic here. Can they be posted directly or must they be sent through a service ?

The hard drive on this thing crapped....lost everything so I have no pics on file.....Perhaps I will take one and attempt a post.
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    Never tried to post a pic here. Can they be posted directly or must they be sent through a service ?
    Ron -

Pictures can be done either way. It's really best if they're uploaded to the MOA server, that way they'll be there forever. Sometimes, the web services change URL or the owner takes pictures down.

To upload a picture, look at this thread, posts #12 and 13.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....-the-MOA-Forum

If you want to practice, go to the end of this thread and give it a try:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....post-a-picture
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

GRIN!....I went to Ausherman's site...the one I'm speaking of was not shown....

But the grin is because I learned something. I have an old set of Bate's bags & [some] mounting pieces.

Now I know what the 'hook' piece is for...I have plans for those...but that's another story.

Thanks Lew, for the directing me !! I had forgotten all about that site.
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Ron -

Pictures can be done either way. It's really best if they're uploaded to the MOA server, that way they'll be there forever. Sometimes, the web services change URL or the owner takes pictures down.

To upload a picture, look at this thread, posts #12 and 13.

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....-the-MOA-Forum

If you want to practice, go to the end of this thread and give it a try:

http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread....post-a-picture

Thanks Kurt .......
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

Krauser topcase

Would love to see what one of those looks like! Airheads.org might be a place to look for such an animal...