• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2014 R1200RT LC Trailer Hitch-Bushtec?

CaptRehkopf

I emailed Bushtec and they said they made a trailer hitch for the 2014 model. I had bought and returned a Bushtec Trailer hitch for my 2012 RT because it caused damage every time I hit a bump! I ask about how the 2014 fit compared to the 2012 and they said the 2011 & 2012 were 'tricky'!
So instead of worrying if the 2014 are also 'tricky' I was hoping someone here could provide actual factual information.
Thanks in advance for the help and please email me vs pm with your help.
Ride Safe, Think Fast!
Robert

My husband, Dave, has ordered a hitch from DMC for his '15 RT. It should be here any day now. We'll let you know how the installation goes. FWIW, he had one on his '05 too and was very happy with it.

Please do. I have not been able to find a non-destructive hitch since buying a RT. I actually returned a hitch to DMC also, same problem. Too close to saddlebags i.e. Rubbing and bottoming out. My dealer was the installer and he and I called and they accepted the return. It must have something to do with the 2012 model RT? Just hoping for a better result on the 2014 RT.
THANKS in advance.
Ride Safe, Think Fast!
Robert

How's the hitch???

My husband, Dave, has ordered a hitch from DMC for his '15 RT. It should be here any day now. We'll let you know how the installation goes. FWIW, he had one on his '05 too and was very happy with it.

I have been waiting to read about your hitch from DMC for your 2015 RT???

So, how say U? Any chance of a picture or 2?

Thanks

I have been waiting to read about your hitch from DMC for your 2015 RT???

So, how say U? Any chance of a picture or 2?

Thanks

Sorry to leave you hanging. It's not on yet. It arrived, and he promptly left on a week long business trip on the other side of the country. I expect he'll be installing it early next week. I'll ask him to take a few pictures for you if he can.

Cheryl

Sorry to leave you hanging. It's not on yet. It arrived, and he promptly left on a week long business trip on the other side of the country. I expect he'll be installing it early next week. I'll ask him to take a few pictures for you if he can.

Cheryl

Thanks for the reply. Standing by for now.
BoB D

I installed the DMC hitch on my 2014 RT about 3 weeks ago. I'm using it to pull a Uni-go trailer.

In spite of the poor instructions (basically just 3 pages of pictures), the install was fairly easy. I've put a couple hundred km on with it so far with no rubbing issues. Hitch seems to be very solid, no flex or movement. I barely notice the Uni-go back there most of the time. The hitch and wiring outlet are very well hidden by the RT side cases.

Sorry don't have pics but I'm happy with the DMC setup so far.

Cheryl

Do we have an update on this hitch installation?

Not at the moment, I'm afraid. One of the main parts wasn't right. They've sent a replacement but it hasn't gone on yet.

Back