• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2013 RT Pillion heated seat switch....$122...Whisky Tango Foxtrot!!!

wyman.winn

i should be out riding!
i am having trouble with the pillion heated seat switch being intermittent and i thought to myself...simple deal just replace the switch...so off i go to MaxBMW for a replacement.....!!!!!.....$122.19.....!!!

so this begs the question...any one have a slightly less expensive fix for this....??? or a procedure to repair the switch made of BMW Gold???

thanks in advance for any and all advice...

wyman

thanks for the feedback OM...was gonna give Tri-Flo a shot before anything else...
Great minds think alike :buds
I use the "food-grade" Tri-Flow for many fine mechanisms. The FG formulation-

3KB67_AS01

Costs a bit more- usually around $21.00/can but is a great product.- https://www.grainger.com/product/TRI-FLOW-Superior-Lubricant-3KB67

It allow some dirt flushing (more what WD-40 does) but allows a mechanism to "complete" it's cycle.

Worth a shot.
OM

Believe it or not, I think that if this part shows a history of being required for replacement fairly often, BMW can be persuaded to lower its price.

3rd party replacement?

I'd be interested in knowing if any of these are equivalent replacements for the BMW part. The rocker piece of my switch went flying off into the bushes when I was testing it one time. Never could find it. I choked on the price of a replacement. Since it's on the passenger seat that is never used I didn't replace it. Would like to make it right though.

You might be able to get a switch from a junk seat at a salvage yard. It looks like the switch fit k12 & 13 GT as well as the RT.

Back