• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Medina Lake Over the Spillway near San Antonio - May 2016

Liaison
Staff member
With all the rain this past month, the level of Medina Lake has risen dramatically, from way down to now going over the spillway. Not sure I remember when the last time this occurred...maybe 15 years ago. We used to be able to walk out on the dam but many years ago, they restricted access to a small set of locals. Something about the safety of the dam and prevention of being the target for nefarious types.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BcLtScjjPS8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I rode out there a few months back...was still way low at the parks boat ramp...has been very low for years and needing some water!

P2290056.jpg

The trucks down by the water would be about fifteen feet under this week!

P2290055.jpg

This road from TX 16 to the park is a nice curvy run:thumb
P2290053.jpg

With all the rain this past month, the level of Medina Lake has risen dramatically, from way down to now going over the spillway. Not sure I remember when the last time this occurred...maybe 15 years ago. We used to be able to walk out on the dam but many years ago, they restricted access to a small set of locals. Something about the safety of the dam and prevention of being the target for nefarious types.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BcLtScjjPS8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Very nice drone footage to get nice and close to see exactly what the situation is.

Yeah, the drone phenomenon is definitely changing the game on perspectives. Pretty impressive.

Back