Thread: Medina Lake Over the Spillway near San Antonio - May 2016

Medina Lake Over the Spillway near San Antonio - May 2016

With all the rain this past month, the level of Medina Lake has risen dramatically, from way down to now going over the spillway. Not sure I remember when the last time this occurred...maybe 15 years ago. We used to be able to walk out on the dam but many years ago, they restricted access to a small set of locals. Something about the safety of the dam and prevention of being the target for nefarious types.

Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I rode out there a few months back...was still way low at the parks boat ramp...has been very low for years and needing some water!

P2290056.jpg

The trucks down by the water would be about fifteen feet under this week!

P2290055.jpg

This road from TX 16 to the park is a nice curvy run
    P2290053.jpg
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197 bogthebasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    With all the rain this past month, the level of Medina Lake has risen dramatically, from way down to now going over the spillway. Not sure I remember when the last time this occurred...maybe 15 years ago. We used to be able to walk out on the dam but many years ago, they restricted access to a small set of locals. Something about the safety of the dam and prevention of being the target for nefarious types.

Very nice drone footage to get nice and close to see exactly what the situation is.
    Ken Dittrick
    2008 R1200RT (Biarritz Blau)

Excuses are the rocks upon which our dreams are crushed - Tim Fargo

Yeah, the drone phenomenon is definitely changing the game on perspectives. Pretty impressive.
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait