• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Amazing Dealer Service and Support - Grand Junction CO

Mark H

I'm not certain if this is the correct place to post this, but here goes anyway.

I wanted to pass on a heart felt thank you to all of the team at Grand Junction Harely-Davidson (BMW also) and to recommend this dealership to anyone in the area or just passing through.
We turned up out of the blue on their doorstep yesterday with an R1200GS on the back of a truck and they moved heaven and earth to diagnose and then try to fix my bike. Unfortunately it was not to be and we have had to call it a day on our adventure.
However, these guys were like knights in shining armour and there was nothing they wouldn't and didn't do to try and get us rolling again.

To Kent, Becci and Bill (and the faceless team on the workshop floor) - thank you for all your efforts and advice. And to Scott who owns the dealership, congratulations on such a professional and personal service. :clap

Mark and Ros

A few years ago, I stopped in for a hopefully "quickie" oil & tire change - no problem, they recognize the needs of the guy out on a tour.
Many years ago, two friends of mine also stopped in, again "out of the blue"; one bike had a severely dinged wheel and the other just wasn't running right (electrical); again, they were both taken care of immediately. Great place; motels nearby and even a few large national parks to explore.

Very sorry to hear about your throwing in the towel. No alternatives? Bike exchange, rental, emergency over-nighting of parts?

Unfortunately, the part that failed was the ignition system. This assembly is coded to the bike and replacement parts need to come from Germany after being keyed to match the bike's unique code. Estimate, with no delays in customs, was 8 working days starting on Monday. So that would have killed all our pre-planning and left us with only a few days before we needed to return to Oz.
The option of renting another GS was looked at but the cost was so high we just couldn't go there.
We desperately tried to contact BMW Customer Support but we just couldn't get through. Without any support from BMW, the dealer was unable to make any other offers (as much as they so desperately wanted to)

Bikes are not bulletproof, and we take this one on the chin. A shame that a bike only 12 months old would fail like this, but such is life. Such a contrast to our journey in 2014 which was the same scope but on R1200R and F800R. Seems the big GS may be a little more fragile than we would all hope :cry
We will regroup and plan our next big adventure. North America is such an amazing place for those on two wheels. We will not be able to stay away.

Cheers

Mark

Good on ya

I'm not certain if this is the correct place to post this, but here goes anyway.

I wanted to pass on a heart felt thank you to all of the team at Grand Junction Harely-Davidson (BMW also) and to recommend this dealership to anyone in the area or just passing through.
We turned up out of the blue on their doorstep yesterday with an R1200GS on the back of a truck and they moved heaven and earth to diagnose and then try to fix my bike. Unfortunately it was not to be and we have had to call it a day on our adventure.
However, these guys were like knights in shining armour and there was nothing they wouldn't and didn't do to try and get us rolling again.

To Kent, Becci and Bill (and the faceless team on the workshop floor) - thank you for all your efforts and advice. And to Scott who owns the dealership, congratulations on such a professional and personal service. :clap

Mark and Ros

My experience was completely different. Notified them early Sept on a Monday that my inner rear drive seal was going out. Tuesday did the work order. Finally got out of there Friday after closing, just before the long weekend. No parts or tools to fix my 2011 RT. Trip ruined.

Back