• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle loading ramps

GreyGoose

I am looking for info from anyone who has experience with motorized motorcycle ramps, for loading your bike to the bed of a pickup. Rampage Ramp and one from Mountain Masters are two I know of. Recommendations?

I have never heard of a "motorized ramp" to get a bike into a pickup bed, perhaps you could post a link?
That said, loading a bike, especially a large bike, into a P/U bed has it's challenges. Real hairy during the unload as well :eek
All made better by backing up to a hill or loading dock- if you can.
OM

Rampage

My brother bought a duel system, I think from Rampage to load two Harleys on to his Ford F150. It worked very well. He could load and unload even a Road King on the truck by himself.

While at a campsite I got a demonstration by a guy loading a Vulcan on his pickup truck. Looked VERY easy and secure!

It was from www.rampagelift.com and by the look it seems the guy had used it a lot for years and still likes it. And he pulls his truck with the motorcycle loaded behind his RV.

/Guenther

Maybe its just me, but I would no more trust my 10s of thousands of dollars' worth of motorcycle(s) to
"discount ramps dot com"
than I would fly to the freakin moon! :)

:bikes

Maybe its just me, but I would no more trust my 10s of thousands of dollars' worth of motorcycle(s) to
"discount ramps dot com"

You never know...thought the same years back when Discount Tires opened:whistle

While at a campsite I got a demonstration by a guy loading a Vulcan on his pickup truck. Looked VERY easy and secure!

It was from www.rampagelift.com and by the look it seems the guy had used it a lot for years and still likes it. And he pulls his truck with the motorcycle loaded behind his RV.

/Guenther

That is my plan exactly. I'm trying to do my due diligence before buying a ramp. Thanks for the info

Overbilt Lifts

Does anyone have any experience with Overbilt Lifts? I have been trying to reach them for the last two weeks via their web site and answering machine, but have not gotten a response. Apparently the lift they make used to be manufactured by Blue Ox.

I am looking for a lift that would allow me to carry my GS in the back of a pickup and also tow a travel trailer.

Thanks, Ken

On the back of your truck or in the bed?

Those seem to be parallel to the vehicle. I read the info, have seen them on the road, and still shake my head seeing a Goldwing or big H-D supported that way. Seems to be a lot of vertical weight right at the receiver mount. Didn't think some Class A's had much structural support that far back...but I am not an engineer.

"discount ramps dot com"

Actually, they make some of the finest ramps in the business. My son owns a set that he used with his Honda ST1300 and now, his Kawasaki Voyager 1700.

I even visited the facility (West Bend, WI - 45 min. from where I live) and wrote an article for ON some years ago, as a product review.

I just don't think they offer what the OP is looking for. Rampage would be his best bet.

Can't help that they use the word "Discount" in the company name, but don't judge a book by it's cover. :nono

Back