• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Forum name change?

SCBuckeye

I am not sure if this is the place to post this question, but here goes:

Is it possible for me to change my "handle"? When I first sighed on, I used the handle "jimmylee" and now would like to change it. I check out my profile area, and didn't see anywhere it can be edited or changed.

Thanks,
JimmyLee

JL -

You'll need to go to the main MOA website. After logging in, if not already, click on My Profile. Under personal information, click to edit. You must again verify who you are so retype your password. At that point, you can change your username. The MOA membership and the forum membership are linked, so once you change it on the main page, things should update on the forum.

If there are any problems, you could also contact Ted Moyer.

Hey Jim...........LET US KNOW your new name......don't want to rag on some 'NEW GUY'...........YOU are totally a long way from that.......God bless and hope to see you soon.........Dennis

I want my new screen name to be "SCBuckeye."

I did as Kurt suggested above, and did get to change it there, but apparently it hasn't "migrated" over to this side yet!!

JL -

I suspect you'll need to logout of the forum and login with the new credentials you set up on the main website. If that doesn't work, then you'll be locked out of the forum and you should then send an email to Ted Moyer at ted@bmwmoa.org or Ray Tubbs at ray@bmwmoa.org.

JL -

You'll need to go to the main MOA website. After logging in, if not already, click on My Profile. Under personal information, click to edit. You must again verify who you are so retype your password. At that point, you can change your username. The MOA membership and the forum membership are linked, so once you change it on the main page, things should update on the forum.

If there are any problems, you could also contact Ted Moyer.

I did as you said, about 1 week ago, but the "Fourm" hasn't yet picked up on my name change. Any idea how long? Not that it is that important, but just informative.

Thanks,
Jim C.

Back