• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Forum shows wrong time

darrylri

Cannonball Rider #52
Here's an oddity: my options are set to Pacific Time (GMT-8), and to automatically let the forum figure out DST. Yet right now, the forum tells me that my local time is GMT-7, and therefore, is an hour later than it really is here on the left coast. What's up with that?

I'm not sure how long it has been this way, but I just happened to notice a new post by Fearless Leader, that was indicating a time that hasn't arrived yet...

[edit]Now that's truly weird. Right after I initially posted this, the time came up as GMT-8... I swear, I've already had a cup of coffee...

DarrylRi said:
Here's an oddity: my options are set to Pacific Time (GMT-8), and to automatically let the forum figure out DST. Yet right now, the forum tells me that my local time is GMT-7, and therefore, is an hour later than it really is here on the left coast. What's up with that?

[edit]Now that's truly weird. Right after I initially posted this, the time came up as GMT-8... I swear, I've already had a cup of coffee...

Darryl, I had noticed that too since PDT changed to PST but figured some day it would work itself out. I guess by posting the question it has worked itself out.

By the way what are you mixing with your coffee? :groovy :laugh

(When I'm in the road, I don't change my laptop time, so even when I'm on the Eastcoast my times are posted in PST)

SFDOC said:
Darryl, By the way what are you mixing with your coffee? :groovy :laugh

(When I'm in the road, I don't change my laptop time, so even when I'm on the Eastcoast my times are posted in PST)

Left coast turn of phrase, or should you be more carefull which bottle of cream you use in lighten your morning coffe? Just wondering ;)

hey the letters are right next to each other, it's early. So what is the definition of 'is'? :stick (meant to say 'on' on the road, but that's not correct either, because I'm over the road, or away from home, away on business, or something like that) :banghead

Bailey's I wish I had some Bailey's for my coffee, wait I do have some Bailey's :brad

Thanks M1ka, it's my day off. :p

SFDOC said:
By the way what are you mixing with your coffee? :groovy :laugh
I never mix anything with my coffee; I wouldn't want to dilute the caffiene.

I don't change my laptop's time either, even when I'm in Europe. But that's because I've found it really screws up all of the calendar items I have.

"Why don't we do it in the road?" --John Lennon
;-)

>...I just happened to notice a new post by Fearless Leader, that was indicating a time that hasn't arrived yet...

Fearless leaders post from the future. That's why they're fearless leaders, and you're not. :love

Us show biz types call it being "ON the road". (As in "On the road again, don't know where or when......")
I've found that leaving all my time stamps alone, with the exception of my cell phone which automatically does local time, except in Europe, keeps life less complicated. With the exception of course of setting my phone alarm to wake me up to get to the airport, DOH!

DarrylRi said:

I'm not sure how long it has been this way, but I just happened to notice a new post by Fearless Leader, that was indicating a time that hasn't arrived yet...

Try setting your timezone to Pacific but turn off the automatic DST option. See if that sets you to the right time. If not, then pick a different timezone (like Eastern) and reset. If that works, then set it back to Pacific. Let me know your results.

GregFeeler said:
Try setting your timezone to Pacific but turn off the automatic DST option. See if that sets you to the right time. If not, then pick a different timezone (like Eastern) and reset. If that works, then set it back to Pacific. Let me know your results.
I'd do that, but ever since that time, the forum pages show the correct time for me. And I don't know if it ever had done that before, because I only noticed it then. Must have been a solar flare.

DarrylRi said:
I'd do that, but ever since that time, the forum pages show the correct time for me. And I don't know if it ever had done that before, because I only noticed it then. Must have been a solar flare.

FM. :D

Back