• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How to install driving lights

Did the kit not come with instructions? Every time I have bought accessories from BMW I received voluminous instructions - albeit sometimes in German.

Anyone has instructions for installing the BMW driving lights on a wethead?

I did mine a couple of years ago, it's an easy job to figure out. Behind the painted panel on the left side you'll see the connection (it's caped off). Once you have it all wired you will need to have the dealership flash the computer to active them. I don't think the GS 911 will do this yet... I was in for my 600 service so the dealer didn't charge any extra since the update was required anyway. Sorry I wish I could be of more help but it really isn't that hard to figure out.

Jay

Why BMW auxillary lights?

Anyone has instructions for installing the BMW driving lights on a wethead?

Have you already purchased the BMW lights? If not you might consider checking out Clearwater lights. The Clearwater lights are easily installed by the consumer, when you order you simply tell them the model BMW you have and they will make sure you get the proper mounting brackets and most importantly the "Can Opener" which is a device that simply plugs into the "computer buss" under the seat. What the Can Opener does is allow you to add these lights without any changes to the onboard computer. After installation you program how you want the lights to work by using the "wonder wheel" and the turn signal cancel button of all things... A buddy did a video installing them on an RT. .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7INoSWnibA

Thanks cool,
I had the Darlas on a previous RT. I know they are great lights.

This time I wanted to stay simple and within the OEM parts spectrum of farkles.

Clearwater is planning of making a run/blink gadget for the front signals which I expect to use to run yellow in the front. And whites lower with the OEM set up for driving lights.

I was also thinking of going back to running Darla yellow on the bottom off of the OEM driving light bracket (as I have done in the past) in which case, I would not bother to get the run/blink for the front signals.

Anyways, my plan is Headlights, yellow running turn signals, white BMW driving lights. All for day time visibility cause I don't run at nights that often less I am going to work at ungodly hours of the morning.

Thanks for the suggestion

Back