• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Austin to Fredericksburg

U

USERNAME

for all you folks with PMS, or simply tired of being indoors, here's some texas sunshine for you.

it was nice yesterday (83F), so i took a little ride out to Fredericksburg for some lunch. along the way i solved a crime, saw some relaxed longhorns, ate some food (duh) and caught a little of the drubbing we gave colorado. all in all it was a great day.

ride01_03.jpg

perfect December weather.

ride01_05.jpg

county roads were deserted as usual. this ride was during the big 12 football championship, so i guess everyone was watching the longhorns beat the crap out of colorado.

ride01_10.jpg

i crossed a lot of cattle guards.

ride01_14.jpg

close up.

ride01_17.jpg

they're quite deep.

ride01_33.jpg

ride01_21.jpg

speaking of longhorns...

ride01_18a.jpg

ride01_30.jpg

next... the crime scene.

ride01_37.jpg

note the tire tracks going off the road. hmmmm.... this is like "CSI: texas."

ride01_39.jpg

debris on the side of the road. i was almost afraid to look!

ride01_41.jpg

i found a jawbone, apparently from a person with a huge under bite!

class3.gif

ride01_44.jpg

then i found the skull! this person also had a huge nose!

ride01_45.jpg

i cut away to commercial and urged the viewers to purchase items they didnt need for the houses they can't afford. while that was happening, i used supercomputers to reconstruct what the person must have looked like before they were brutally run over. this is what i got:

jamaica20.jpg

ride01_48.jpg

i think he was hit during winter, because he was wearing a fur coat.

all this investigating was making me hungry...

off to fredericksburg.

ride01_55.jpg

ride01_75.jpg

i had lunch at the brew pub.

ride01_56.jpg

ride01_57.jpg

C02 bubbling out of the fermentation tank.

ride01_69.jpg

no beer for me.

ride01_61.jpg

harley riders. they looked suitably badass. i couldn't believe that guy was wearing his helmet in the restaurant. ;)

ride01_76.jpg

i had chicken fried steak. it was ok, but i've had better. they skimped on the gravy.

ride01_78.jpg

then i had a peach cobbler with blue bell ice cream. it was f-ing incredible.

ride01_80.jpg

then i headed back to austin. thanks for reading.

Neat ride and neat pics. You're making us northerners jealous! I especially like the Baylor Law School T-shirt. Thanks.

Hold on to your football. I doubt USC will be as easy as Colorado. Even my Cornhuskers handed Colorado a beating! The Rose Bowl should be quite a game.

MUST HAVE PEACH COBBLER. YUM....YUMM. (I just love it when you put dirty pictures up here.)
Loved the crime scene investigation. Gold star for you.

I'm no northerner, but I'm still jealous. It takes me five hours to get to Fredericksburg. Where were those cattle guards ? Willow City Loop ?

Thanks for the photos.

Nice report

It looks like you have the same weather display I have, only mine is showing 0 degrees F right now. I'm jealous!

harley riders. they looked suitably badass. i couldn't believe that guy was wearing his helmet in the restaurant.

LOL - Good one! Looked like a nice ride. Calling for snow today - didn't ride the bike to work. :(

RTRandy said:
I'm no northerner, but I'm still jealous. It takes me five hours to get to Fredericksburg. Where were those cattle guards ? Willow City Loop ?

Thanks for the photos.

the cattle guards were not on willow city loop. (i've still never ridden that.) they were on county roads between austin and 281.

as soon as you leave a ranch road in texas and get on a county road, you're almost assured that you will need to ride over cattle guards. the fun ones are on curves.

Back