• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RT Maintenance Schedule - From BMW Rider's Manual

ExGMan

I found that the latest "Rider's Manual" for the RT includes the maintenance schedule for the motorcycle. This was not printed in previous editions. I made a photo of the appropriate pages, but the upload process reduced its resolution. I think it's still legible, and hope it's helpful to someone:

IMG_2617.jpg

I found that the latest "Rider's Manual" for the RT includes the maintenance schedule for the motorcycle. This was not printed in previous editions. I made a photo of the appropriate pages, but the upload process reduced its resolution. I think it's still legible, and hope it's helpful to someone:

Thanks.

Could you try again and get it a larger and clearer?

Thanks.

Could you try again and get it a larger and clearer?

I can do that for you but it would be better to download the PDF file from the website. Let me know which you prefer I can post a screen shot or send you the link to download.

Nice to hear from you reg26! Welcome to the Forums...or should that be Fora? Nonetheless, good to hear from you.

Anyway, there are four US versions of the K52 RT Manual, depending on the production date of the particular RT. Reece pointed the link to the website which lets you get to the manuals. All 2014+ bikes are K52s in the BMW parlance. The 2016 manual seems to be about 16 pages longer than the manual for the 2015. I'm not so compulsive to make the comparison, but maybe someone has already done that? Anyway, in my view, more information is better.

Here's the link to get you started: http://goo.gl/9dFiYh Click on "Service and Maintenance" and then "Rider's Manual."

BTW- Very nice color RT!

Here's the PDF excerpt from the 2016 Rider's Manual

Here's the 3-page maintenance schedule from the Rider's Manual that applies to all RT wetheads.

Attachments

• R1200RTWMaintSchedule.pdf
    93.9 KB · Views: 231
Sometimes we forget, that's what this whole MOA/FORUMS thing is all about; members helping other members.

I'm not even a wet head yet.

Certainly agree with your first sentence. As to the second, well, maybe you should stay inside Friday...looks like more than a little precipitation in Enterprise.

Roger Mullins sent me clearer images. I shrunk these down to 5" (13 cm) wide and taped them into my owner's manual. Here they are:

Attachments

• schedule.jpg
    schedule.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 232
  • schedule codes.jpg
    schedule codes.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Thank you guys for this. I just purchased a 2015 RT, and it did not come with an owners manual.

I did not notice a belt change in there, is there one?

Back