• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anonymous?

jamesevans

Anonymous is bloody right. I've complained two years running that my name's not in the book: and they've done it again! Am I pissed off? Can you guess?:banghead

I'm sorry to hear this. As a member I'll try to troubleshoot. I'm sure you've done all of these things, but I'm just trying to help, not trying to insult your intelligence.

The last couple of years there has been a page on the website that allows you to update all your anonymous book information and save at the bottom. We're able to do this? I'm sure you have so I'll go ahead and follow through with my next suggestion: it probably won't get resolved this year but maybe, you could post your anonymous book info another way, like a comment on the site or the forums, (granted the forums does not reach all members) letting potential travelers of that area update their contacts

This should be corrected, but as Reece says you can at least get information updated for the electronic version of the anonymous book.

Where have you complained? Who did you make contact with? What was the response at the time?

This page discusses the electronic version and how to update it. Also, at the bottom, there is a link to contact the membership team as well as a phone number to call the main office.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/?abook

This should be corrected, but as Reece says you can at least get information updated for the electronic version of the anonymous book.

This really does not help. The online version is identical to the print version of last years (2015) Abook. It does not update as changes are made. If the info is not in the 2016 print version, it will not be in the electronic version.

The old beta mobile version might have updated, but using two PCs, two Android phones and a tablet, with at least two browsers on each, I cannot get any info at all - this option should be deleted from the NAV menu and the forum. If anyone has a problem requiring help from the Abook, they don't need the additional frustration of dealing with a tool known to not work.

I've spoken to main office twice about this. I've updated the information. I shouldn't need to do it all again.

The bad news is you are being denied the opportunity to help riders.

The good news is no rider will call you at 4:00 a.m because they lost their keys.

The mobile version I have on my phone still works. Checked it two weeks ago.

And jamesevens, while your issue is certainly disappointing, its not the end of the world. If you want to PM me your number, I can call you at inopportune times so you can get the feel of the whole experience. :D Yes, that was a smartass comment.

Last edited:
The mobile version I have on my phone still works. Checked it two weeks ago.

And jamesevens, while your issue is certainly disappointing, its not the end of the world. If you want to PM me your number, I can call you at inopportune times so you can get the feel of the whole experience. :D Yes, that was a smartass comment.

Thank you, If I ever feel the need I shall do so. At an inopportune time, of course,

James,
Your information isn't listed because the phone number is incorrect. It has two many digits and gets kicked out automatically during the formatting of the book.

If you would like to update your profile, that is all that is needed. Or if you will email or PM me the info, I will update it for you. Ted@bmwmoa.org

James,
Your information isn't listed because the phone number is incorrect. It has two many digits and gets kicked out automatically during the formatting of the book.

If you would like to update your profile, that is all that is needed. Or if you will email or PM me the info, I will update it for you. Ted@bmwmoa.org

That's the spirit!

Back