• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Open House at Alamo BMW - San Antonio

Liaison
Staff member
Today was the open house at our local dealer, Alamo BMW. Lots of things to see, try, and taste!

There were crowds, some working...and some not so much! :stick

Attachments

• Outside.jpg
    Outside.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Crowd1.jpg
    Crowd1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Crowd2.jpg
    Crowd2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 68
There was trick riding in the parking lot...not Teach McNeil but one of their technicians did a nice job!

Attachments

• Trick1.jpg
    Trick1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 66
  • Trick2.jpg
    Trick2.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Trick3.jpg
    Trick3.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 68
Lots of bikes to see, even test rides on some Zero emission bikes. One rider had a very nice and colorful '12 R1200GS...I told him it was too clean and that he needed to get it dirty!

Attachments

• Bike1.jpg
    Bike1.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Bike2.jpg
    Bike2.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 67
  • Bike3.jpg
    Bike3.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 67
And food! Nice to sit outside under the trees in nice weather...BBQ and iced tea!

Attachments

• Food.jpg
    Food.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 68
I like that early-model AH Sprite in the deep background photo of the colorful GS. We don't see those in MA much because they'd have rusted out years ago.

Looks like a very fine party!

There was also this MG hanging around. The main owner of the dealership is seriously into vintage car racing....I think the motorcycles are done on the side to support his "habit". There are some pretty neat cars around and on the lift. I think they're prepping for a run to the Barber vintage races coming up soon.

There was also a Cobra there...didn't take a picture...I don't recall if it was a "real" one or a kit car.

Attachments

• MG.jpg
    MG.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 65
There was also this MG hanging around. The main owner of the dealership is seriously into vintage car racing....I think the motorcycles are done on the side to support his "habit". There are some pretty neat cars around and on the lift. I think they're prepping for a run to the Barber vintage races coming up soon.

There was also a Cobra there...didn't take a picture...I don't recall if it was a "real" one or a kit car.

Very nice MG-TF! Speaking of Barber, any reader who rides within, say 200 miles of Birmingham would do her/himself a favor by visiting there. Plan on a whole day if possible.

Was on our list, couldn't make it work today. Saw a few members of the San Antonio club recruiting at the table:thumb

Yeah, always a sweet car or two in the shop.

Cool place. Was hanging out there a few years back, watching some young boys practicing on the go cart track. I thought they were really fast. The guy in charge was standing close to me. I commented to him about how fast they were. He replied that one of the them had just set a course record for a lap time. Always neat to be on hand for some record setting at a track. :thumb ps. I always enjoyed my visits to Lone Star BMW.

Back