• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

International Female Ride Day tomorrow.

P1070490.jpg

Big Red was just waiting for the sun to come up so I could take a ride in the Big Bend of Texas.

My favorite IFRD was taking my grandson to school and picking him up at the end of the day.

Where did you ride today?

Voni
sMiling

Cherohala Skyway

View attachment 56242

Where did you ride today?

Voni
sMiling

Hi Voni,

I have been riding from our Great State of Texas out to my niece's wedding in Newport, TN. I am meeting my wife and family here and planned to ride because of of the proximity to motorcycle Valhalla. It was a wonderful day, I started in Huntsville, AL from my sister-in-law's house and rode to Chattanooga via The University of the South (Sewanee) and made my way over to the Cherohala Skyway then rode via Waynesville to Newport on I-40. It was a wonderful day of riding. Thanks for asking. I hope you had a great ride and day.

image.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpg

University of the south, my ancestor homeland, matriarchal.

All saints chapel. My mother was literally born on the university back in the '40s.

image.jpg

If you ever go to the natural bridge on the right there is a cemetary. It is the Garner cemetary. I may be buried there one day.

image.jpg

Me at my Aunt Sally's funeral last year. I had the privilege of being a pall bearer. One of our favorite tombstones of one of our relatives.

My son, when he was little played on the train engine there in Cowan TN at the base of moneagle mountain on 64 that you have in one of your pictures. It's not often I see pictures of my homeland posted by others. Forgive my excitement.

Beautiful Places

My son, when he was little played on the train engine there in Cowan TN at the base of moneagle mountain on 64 that you have in one of your pictures. It's not often I see pictures of my homeland posted by others. Forgive my excitement.

Reece,

I was thankful for the opportunity to ride in this beautiful region today. I don't take many images anytime but these places were special. I understand why you would like to be interned there. Thanks for the additional images, I had my eyes peeled for the shine runners while I was riding as well.

Best regards,

Chris

From the thread title, I have a sneaky suspicion that Voni was asking the females where they rode. :usa

Renfrew Cowichan Loop!

Wow, didn't know it was a women's ride day. Must have felt it in 'the force'.
Started the day with a Biker's Blessing in the great little town of Sooke, BC (Canada, Vancouver Island).
Rode out to Jordan River with the gang, then peeled off and continued on my own out to Port Renfrew, Cowichan Lake, Duncan and back down to Victoria, BC!
It was a great ride. Sorry no pics, too busy having fun on the curves!
Ess-tee Rider Girl

I rode to work on Saturday, does that count? I did go for a ride on Friday. Spouse convinced me that the yard work, house work and motorcycle repairs could wait for another day.

Took a ride up to Lake Wenatchee, WA. Intent was to follow one of the USFS roads from the top of the lake to US 2, then over to the Wellington disaster site, then home.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellington,_Washington#1910_avalanche

Downed tree foiled that. My skill level isn't quite where it should be to get the bike over the tree. Tried for the Heather Lake trail head, but another stinking tree put a halt to that as well. Oh well. 115 miles for the day. Once I got past the locked gate at the end of the county road, I had the road to myself. no one else out there. It was a beautiful spring day. May go back out on Thursday. If I do, I'll bring the chainsaw. :)

IMG_1333_zpsmmq4epzi.jpg

1359_zps0z1hhti8.jpg

1383_zpso9xxk5de.jpg

1367_zps9sed5mwu.jpg

1366_zpsmbxpo3k4.jpg

1363_zpshr4ibg3g.jpg

1385_zpsrwwz0ygm.jpg

Back