Thread: Long time rider, first time on a bmw...

Cool Long time rider, first time on a bmw...

I just purchased a 2006 R1200RT with 26K miles. The previous owner recommended I pay you a visit and insisted I become a member. Done! I'm eager to learn what my new bmw has to offer. I've ridden many bikes and none felt like this boxer. I need to put a few thousand miles in the odometer before I form an opinion. This July I have a trip scheduled to the Grand Canyon, the Utah parks, and Death Valley. I'll decide then if I will be keeping it long term. I'm looking forward to the experience.

so far i've added...
    -a set of running lights and trail lights
    -reflective tape
    -voltage meter
    -handlebar mirrors
    -sheepskin seat pad
    -usb connector
    -gps mount

I may ad a backrest later on, but I'm not sure. I image there are many things I can add to this bike, and look forward to learn about them on this forum.

I'm in L.A. County, CA, so shoot me a line if you are visiting. There are a few nice rides around here.

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    Welcome and congrats. You will love it. We took our 07RT to the Grand Canyon last year and had a blast. If you have the stock seats you might want to upgrade those. I went with RDL's and they are well worth the investment for long tours.