• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Now THAT is cold...

B

BELG

Damn, I had to pull over 2 times today to adjust my gear, after buying a gerbing liner... here I am thinking.. damn, this is a real letdown. I get home, launch weatherbug... it's 15.9 degrees and was probably around 14 degrees 20 miles ago when the sun was still down...

No WONDER is was freezing my arse off, the fog city visor was hating life, and I had ice crystals around my breath escapes! My usually warm impenetrable legs were jolted into reality. Brrr!

I think winter is defintiely here.

now that's cold

Mark: in an effort to try to make you feel better, I'll tell you that it's minus 4 (F) in Calgary this morning.

But we were riding up until a few weeks ago; it got up to 60 a few times. We were actually skiing and riding on alternate days, and we didn't have to go to Lake Tahoe to do it.

Rinty

rinty said:
Mark: in an effort to try to make you feel better, I'll tell you that it's minus 4 (F) in Calgary this morning.

But we were riding up until a few weeks ago; it got up to 60 a few times. We were actually skiing and riding on alternate days, and we didn't have to go to Lake Tahoe to do it.

Rinty

Yeouch... but I think I'd take that for a ride-to-ski day :=)

Colder in Front Royal?

It must be colder in Front Royal . I commuted about 100 miles (early morning and late afternoon) yesterday. No Gerbing no problems.

ironMan said:
It must be colder in Front Royal . I commuted about 100 miles (early morning and late afternoon) yesterday. No Gerbing no problems.

I went down to Fredericksburg (70 miles) yesterday morning, it wasn't nearly this cold. It was 32-33 when I left. Yes, it is colder here today by far.

brrrrrr.JPG

I took this to annoy my buddy out in California... he gave up riding after a crash... this is my "If I can do it, you can do it" encouragement :=)

i went to wash my bike today and then took it up on the highway to dry it off, the watter pooled into places on the faring, froze and flew off hitting me in the face and stuff, thats when you know its chilly!

BubbaZanetti said:
i went to wash my bike today and then took it up on the highway to dry it off, the watter pooled into places on the faring, froze and flew off hitting me in the face and stuff, thats when you know its chilly!

I bet that was fun.... chunks of ice coming off the tank can be disasterous...

Cold, you want cold? My wife is cold! Very cold! And she doesn't thaw in the sunlight! :thumb

Wet ( Left) Coast Canada here

Went for a ride yesterday,first time in 3 weeks between rain and snow.Still snow in patches where the sun doesn't hit much and icy in the shady places on the road so I kind of tiptoed.Will look for an opportunity to wash off the calcium chloride they use here as anti ice device,so as to avoid the dreaded white spots on polished aluminum.

Dang,it felt good!

Back