• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

So what happened with the thread that was active this morning regarding the ON cover?

I'm sure not. Perhaps another communications challenge that needs to be addressed is the further spliting of of members communicating via multiple means that do not over lap. I tried Facebook for awhile and was not happy with using it.

A lot of people are happily not on facebook......

Well, my point wasn't to support or oppose Facebook, but to note that there were several *very* illustrative discussions there about the subject of this thread here. Some were good and some were....:eek

If one wants to truly understand the mindset of our membership (and prospective members) it's really worthwhile hanging out in the places they're talking.

Ian

If one wants to truly understand the mindset of our membership (and prospective members) it's really worthwhile hanging out in the places they're talking.

Ian

And the purpose of the MOA forum is to ... what exactly?

Facebook is cute, but it is not the forum. And, no, I do not play on Facebook.

And the purpose of the MOA forum is to ... what exactly?

well, according to the moron who installed it, the purpose of our forum is to provide an unfiltered medium for member-to-member communication. :nod

Facebook is cute, but it is not the forum. And, no, I do not play on Facebook.

And you probably don't Instagram or Twitter, either... which means you probably have a pretty incomplete view of the Beemerville marketplace. :dunno

And of course, there is always riding..... :burnout

well, according to the a$$hole who installed it, the purpose of our forum is to provide an unfiltered medium for member-to-member communication. :nod

And you probably don't Instagram or Twitter, either... which means you probably have a pretty incomplete view of the Beemerville marketplace. :dunno

And of course, there is always riding..... :burnout

I googled "Beemerville Marketplace" and found nothing about motorcycles.....

The MOA Forum is at best a tunnel vision look at the membership. I love the format far better than other formats - ie Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email lists - but as far as member participation goes if I look at who is posting on the BMW MOA Facebook page I see mostly names of people unheard of on this forum. Some of them may be among the many "secret" posters here, but for the most part I don't see much overlap.

Each member can only be so many places, but the organization ought to be represented and promoted on all media as far as I'm concerned. That is what a media manager (paid staff) ought to be ensuring.

Pose on cover

I will volunteer to pose next time, as racy as ya want. Be warned: 47 y.o., 6'3", 235 lbs and a beard. :)

"The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something."

It would be interesting to have a female on the cover with a beard! Let's see who complains then!

The MOA Forum is at best a tunnel vision look at the membership. I love the format far better than other formats - ie Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email lists - but as far as member participation goes if I look at who is posting on the BMW MOA Facebook page I see mostly names of people unheard of on this forum. Some of them may be among the many "secret" posters here, but for the most part I don't see much overlap.

Each member can only be so many places, but the organization ought to be represented and promoted on all media as far as I'm concerned. That is what a media manager (paid staff) ought to be ensuring.

I agree, Paul. There needs to be someone who's job it is to monitor and play in all social media formats in order to ensure that the best interests of the MOA are maintained an that everyone gets information no matter what their communication vehicle of choice is.

I heard someone say "Don't tell me what you believe in; show me what you've done and I can SEE what you believe in."

Go for it Lisa.

Back