Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So what happened with the thread that was active this morning regarding the ON cover?

MOA knows their audience, I suppose. We have been successful in teaching our four children not to objectify other human beings.

Perhaps we could hear from some of the female riders of MOA?

As we are both in our 70's, our opinions on this topic have been consistent for more than a few decades. We are just disappointed that the MOA does not seem to be in sync with current discussions of respect for human rights and personal dignity.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by doctordan View Post
    Perhaps we could hear from some of the female riders of MOA?
    so......... you're not on Facebook, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    I'm sure not. Perhaps another communications challenge that needs to be addressed is the further spliting of of members communicating via multiple means that do not over lap. I tried Facebook for awhile and was not happy with using it.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

MOA knows their audience, I suppose. We have been successful in teaching our four children not to objectify other human beings.
    ...snipped...
    Dan
    I have two daughters. I worked hard to encourage them to be strong, independent thinkers with respect for themselves and others. What that mouth full means has been an ongoing discussion among the three of us. They now have young daughters adding another demension to the discussion.

To date their sense is objectifying someone says far more about the one doing the objectifying and stereotyping than the person who is the object of that behavior. Without knowing the person being objectified how do you know if they are 'victum' or just a strong person with a very different sense of taste and purpose.

A lot of people are happily not on facebook......
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    I'm sure not. Perhaps another communications challenge that needs to be addressed is the further spliting of of members communicating via multiple means that do not over lap. I tried Facebook for awhile and was not happy with using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    A lot of people are happily not on facebook......
    Well, my point wasn't to support or oppose Facebook, but to note that there were several *very* illustrative discussions there about the subject of this thread here. Some were good and some were....

If one wants to truly understand the mindset of our membership (and prospective members) it's really worthwhile hanging out in the places they're talking.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

If one wants to truly understand the mindset of our membership (and prospective members) it's really worthwhile hanging out in the places they're talking.

Ian
    And the purpose of the MOA forum is to ... what exactly?

Facebook is cute, but it is not the forum. And, no, I do not play on Facebook.

If you ever get an answer, let me know.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by stillwater0302 View Post

"The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something."
    I'm gonna borrow this bit of knowledge.
    Tim C
    2016 K1600GTL
    Matte Ocean Blue

Ian
    That's a Sonny Barger quote, right?
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

well, according to the moron who installed it, the purpose of our forum is to provide an unfiltered medium for member-to-member communication.

Facebook is cute, but it is not the forum. And, no, I do not play on Facebook.
    And you probably don't Instagram or Twitter, either... which means you probably have a pretty incomplete view of the Beemerville marketplace.

And of course, there is always riding.....

well, according to the a$$hole who installed it, the purpose of our forum is to provide an unfiltered medium for member-to-member communication.

And you probably don't Instagram or Twitter, either... which means you probably have a pretty incomplete view of the Beemerville marketplace.

And of course, there is always riding.....
    I googled "Beemerville Marketplace" and found nothing about motorcycles.....

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    I googled "Beemerville Marketplace" and found nothing about motorcycles.....
    that's because someone forgot to renew the domain name.

The MOA Forum is at best a tunnel vision look at the membership. I love the format far better than other formats - ie Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email lists - but as far as member participation goes if I look at who is posting on the BMW MOA Facebook page I see mostly names of people unheard of on this forum. Some of them may be among the many "secret" posters here, but for the most part I don't see much overlap.

Each member can only be so many places, but the organization ought to be represented and promoted on all media as far as I'm concerned. That is what a media manager (paid staff) ought to be ensuring.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Smile Pose on cover

Quote Originally Posted by stillwater0302 View Post
    I will volunteer to pose next time, as racy as ya want. Be warned: 47 y.o., 6'3", 235 lbs and a beard.

"The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something."
    It would be interesting to have a female on the cover with a beard! Let's see who complains then!