• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

So what happened with the thread that was active this morning regarding the ON cover?

The Mrs was insulted and disappointed by the cover to the point of her saying we should 'quit the MOA'. Then I reminded her that I am a life member.

Otherwise, we agree the cover looks like sleaze from the 60's and does not represent current values expected of an organization with a high percentage of older, 'well educated' members. We are confused as to why the editors did not object to the cover material.

IMHO, the MOA should comment on these types of posts. Depending on the comment(s) our participation at club events may change.

Dan

I was much more bothered by the photo on page 40 but from the responses to the few threads on the subject it is evident that there is a large contingent of members who thought they were great.

Using sex appeal to to promote a product,? (in this case a fundraiser bike give-away)....hmmmm....I just don't know what to make of it.

This was a topic at the Blackhawk region swap meet last weekend. All agreed that there would be controversy. So very predictable.

I will volunteer to pose next time, as racy as ya want. Be warned: 47 y.o., 6'3", 235 lbs and a beard. :)

"The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something."

wow!!

I guess a lot of MOA members never go to any bike rallies except the BMW ones. Or watch TV, go to the movies, and be sure not to go to the beach, any where.
I thought it was a well thought out photo, lipstick, nail polish and shoes did not just arrive on there own and it was to match the red on the bike.
I just wish the lady with the scorpion would make an occasional appearance again.

I learned a long time ago it is best for me to filter what I allow into my heart through my eyes and ears and now avoid many things that the rest of the world condones. Never been more happily married for over 30 years because of it. Intend to keep it that way for 30 more so if this trend continues then I would make the same choice with this magazine. Different strokes for different folks as they say. Certainly not going to bash those of you that see it otherwise though.

...Certainly not going to bash those of you that see it otherwise though.
I agree. I didn't see anything wrong with it, but was very neutral really.

I've got no problem with anyone saying they liked it or saying they didn't like it. Everyone has that right. Unfortunately, way too many folks felt/feel they have the right to go well beyond that and actually make judgments on others without knowing all the facts or caring to.

It's a real shame how worked up people can get over things they don't agree with, and yet these very same people expect everyone to be fine with their ideas and not be offended.:banghead

MOA knows their audience, I suppose. We have been successful in teaching our four children not to objectify other human beings.

Perhaps we could hear from some of the female riders of MOA?

As we are both in our 70's, our opinions on this topic have been consistent for more than a few decades. We are just disappointed that the MOA does not seem to be in sync with current discussions of respect for human rights and personal dignity.

Dan

so......... you're not on Facebook, eh? :whistle

I'm sure not. Perhaps another communications challenge that needs to be addressed is the further spliting of of members communicating via multiple means that do not over lap. I tried Facebook for awhile and was not happy with using it.

MOA knows their audience, I suppose. We have been successful in teaching our four children not to objectify other human beings.
...snipped...
Dan

I have two daughters. I worked hard to encourage them to be strong, independent thinkers with respect for themselves and others. What that mouth full means has been an ongoing discussion among the three of us. They now have young daughters adding another demension to the discussion.

To date their sense is objectifying someone says far more about the one doing the objectifying and stereotyping than the person who is the object of that behavior. Without knowing the person being objectified how do you know if they are 'victum' or just a strong person with a very different sense of taste and purpose.

Back