Thread: New Member from Maryland

New Member from Maryland

Hi, just joined. I traded my 2005 1200RT for a 2016 1600GTL. It is a magnificent bike and meets all of my expectations. I found the seat too low, so after research, added a Sargent seat. I also did not like the stock windscreen, so went with an Airflow, plus the little winglets they sell. Now the bike is perfect. Just went past 1,000 miles, so it is brand new and I'm just becoming familiar with it.

Fred

Welcome! Nice step up to the 1600!!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I'm in south central PA so if you ever ride up this way, I'd be happy to make route suggestions.

Great local community of BMW riders around here. We have regular gatherings for some food and the Square Root Rally coming up in June in Maryland. See you out there.
    09 R 1200 GS
    14 HP4

Love to plan this for 2018

[QUOTE=chaseh;1045245]Great local community of BMW riders around here. We have regular gatherings for some food and the Square Root Rally coming up in June in Maryland. See you out there.[/QUOT. Hope to hear some info on this rally.

welcome aboard

Quote Originally Posted by fredmcl2 View Post
    Hi, just joined. I traded my 2005 1200RT for a 2016 1600GTL. It is a magnificent bike and meets all of my expectations. I found the seat too low, so after research, added a Sargent seat. I also did not like the stock windscreen, so went with an Airflow, plus the little winglets they sell. Now the bike is perfect. Just went past 1,000 miles, so it is brand new and I'm just becoming familiar with it.

Fred
    good and welcome from NE pa.
    good luck with new ride.