• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

torque wrench set for travel

Did you ever need a Crescent wrench??

I think I have used every manner of wrench, socket, hex, torx, screwdriver, etc, etc during the course of those years on the road. I carried a good sized crescent when doing solo off road desert riding on my KTM, but thankfully I never needed it.

As for torque wrenches, I do always have with me my calibrated wrist wrench. It has served me well all these years. :nod

:laugh:laughFor on the road repairs, I just use German standard (gudentight) or Russian standard (tightenov) and set it later.

When unpacking for the night once in Colorado, I discovered a rear drive drain bolt loose (slight dripping). No one at the motel, including other motorcyclists, had anything other than one pair of pliers. No problem; simply tightened with the pliers, rode to the local Honda shop in the morning and had it torqued there. :thumb

When I got home, I got a new torque wrench as obviously the previous one had been inaccurate.

Unfortunately, unlike many others, my wrist has yet to develop the feel for the correct torque. :cry

I sent mine to the supply room for IR chem lights. I'll be damned if one of em didn't come back with some once. Joke was on me.

Sent my best one back to Viet Nam. He could keep anything on the road with a grenade pin, concertina, vice grips and a screwdriver.... Problem was getting that 4th kid into the saddle bag cause he couldn't hold onto to Mama San on the luggage rack anymore. Sent him back to repatriate with his NVA 145th mechanized bicycle transport brigade. Really miss all that rice and fish heads that would clear a campground space for us.........

torque wrench

Aerostich has one listed in catalog about $180 looks like size you could carry on bike

Yeah, Mr. I left my tire kit at home cause I didn't have room:stick

:D

Never gonna let me live that one down. Your killing me Smalls!

I now have to reconfigure my entire kit. Not sure what tools transfer from Ursala to Gretchen. The air pump obviously will. Curious how the can bus will handle that 12 volt output. I'll have to test it as even the hand shake for the trickle charger is different, as in Gretchen does not need a handshake. Ursula is for sale btw.

image.jpg
Gretchen and her new family at adventure Motorsports of northwest Florida.

Good luck with the new bike Reece!
You can use the "new and improved" Marketplace to move your past bike to a new home. While there hasn't been a lot of feedback, there sure has been less complaints :whistle
As far as the "handshake" business, connecting an SAE connector direct to the battery should take care of all your 12V needs whether its the air pump or charger.
Gary

Back